Eggless Multigrain Cookie Recipe which are healthier and nutritious at any given day. I have added amaranth flour, ragi flour, oats flour and whole wheat flour. Also added refined flour to make the texture of the cookie light and not very dense. So these are good for kids, adults or even old age people.
I was craving to eat butter cookies so thought why not make something healthy. Hence came up with the idea of adding some nutritive flour and making multigrain cookies. Instead of making a small batch I made a large batch to give them to my in laws. They also liked the taste of the cookies. They are crunchy from out and soft from within.
We use organic flour at home so used them for the cookies too. I have used butter but if you are calorie conscious then use oil. Even clarified butter would taste good. For garnish or toppings I have used pistachio flakes, dried papaya. You could use nuts or candies or even leave them plain.
Also for shaping cookies I have used thumb impression and giving oval shapes. But you could use a cookie cutter or moulds to shape your cookies. Since it’s eggless I have used baking powder, milk powder and milk to replace eggs. But if you wish you could add one egg instead of milk. The cookies are spiced with cardamom powder and dry ginger powder. Alternatively you could use vanilla or rose essence.
Multigrain Cookies recipe below:
- 150 gms powdered sugar or as required
- 100 gm maida (refined flour)
- 50 gm whole wheat flour
- 50 gm flaxseed powder
- 10 gms oats flour
- 50 gm amaranth flour
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 1.5 tbsp milk powder
- 1 tbsp baking powder or baking soda
- 170 gms butter or clarified butter
- a pinch of salt
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- ½ tsp dry ginger powder
- 1 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp pistachio flakes
- few papaya candies
- Sift all the flour along with baking powder, cardamom powder, ginger powder, powdered sugar and salt.
- Make a small well in the flour add knead to a smooth, soft dough.
- Allow the dough to rest for 20 mins in the fridge.
- Make small marble sized balls. Give a thumb impression in the center. Garnish with pistachio flakes or candied papaya.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree celcius for ten mins before baking. Place the cookies on a greased dish wide apart from each other. Bake for 180 degree celcius for about 15-16 mins or until they are light brown towards the edges.
- Allow them to cool and store into an air-tight containers. Serve your multigrain cookies with hot cup of tea or coffee.
2. Please don't overbake or underbake these cookies.