Eggless Pressure Cooker Cake Recipe with step by step photos. Who says you can’t make cake without oven ??? you can make easily cakes in pressure cooker that too a crunchy exterior, soft and spongy from within. This is an Eggless Pressure Cooker Cake Recipe for all my readers and subscribers who requested me for a pressure cooker cake. There are many people in India who do not have oven or OTG in their kitchen. So baking cakes in cooker is other option.
I have made a basic cake using coconut oil and fresh pineapple pieces. As love pinacolada hence used coconut oil with pineapple as the combination goes well. We loved the cake and hubby drooled over it ate almost half of the cake demanding to make more of such cakes. In-fact he didn’t realized it’s oven made or pressure cooker made.
Don’t worry I would try to answer each and every query here for making cakes in cooker. Also I have made the cake in step-wise series for your better understanding.
- You could keep a dedicated pressure cooker for baking. Also you could use a new pressure cooker or old pressure cooker that I leave upto your discretion.
- The cake batter has to be a normal batter but not too thick batter.
- Use any aluminium or baking vessel which fits appropriately in the cooker.
- Always place a separator like a slotted lid or vessel or even a metal stand would do. This process helps the heat not to directly pass to the cake tin. If you don’t have a separator place a small metal dish that would also help. Alternatively you could place the cooker over a heavy tava or pan which would act as a separator.
- You could bake and eggless cake or cake with eggs in cooker. I baked an eggless one but you could add 1 egg instead of adding milk and lime juice.
- Always preheat the cooker before baking cakes.
- Use sand or sea-salt while baking cakes in pressure cooker as it acts as a pressure controller and your cake bakes evenly.
- Always bake in a 4-5 ltr of pressure cooker and not the size below them.
- Please never add water while baking cakes in pressure cooker a strict no.
- Never attach a whistle or a rubber gasket to the cooker while baking cakes. As cake is baked on dry heat so rubber gasket might get spoiled. So not advisable to use them.
- Never bake cakes in pressure cooker on high heat. Your cake might get burnt.
- Never touch the cooker always use a tong or cloth to place the vessel else you might burn your finger.
- Never ever bake in a pan pressure cooker it’s not advisable.
Some other pointers:
- If your regularly bake cake in a pressure cooker there are chances it might get spoiled.
- A regular cake takes about 40-45 mins of time to bake a cake in cooker. But don’t keep removing the lid and keep seeing. You would come to know when your nose gets the cake fragrance. Then give about 10-12 mins more do the skewer test if it’s still wet then bake for some more time. Mine took 50 mins as had kept on slow heat. So it also depends on the size and make of cookers.
- Best is to spread sea-salt or a sand layer at the bottom of the cooker. Place the separator and then the cake pan. I use sea-salt as they regulate and control the pressure evenly in the cooker. Also you could re-use the same sea-salt again for your next pressure cooker baking 🙂
Preheating in Pressure Cooker: As we preheat in oven same fashion we should preheat in cooker. How do we preheat in a pressure cooker?? Just spread sea-salt or sand as a layer at the bottom. Place the cooker on medium heat with no whistle and no rubber gasket. Just cover teh lid and let it preheat for 10-12 mins before baking. You might get some burnt smell of salt that’s perfectly fine. Once the cooker is preheated place a separator and with the help of tongs place the cake pan over the stand. Reduce the heat to low once you place the cake to bake and bake the cake on low heat.
Let’s make eggless pressure cooker cake recipe step by step:
1. Sift maida, corn flour, baking powder, salt and milk powder.
2. Beat oil / butter with powdered sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Meanwhile preheat the cooker. First place sand or sea-salt at the bottom.
4. Place the separator over the layer of salt or sand.
5. Now cover with the lid upside down without the rubber gasket and whistle. Place on medium heat for 10 mins before baking.
6. Coming back to the cake add milk to the sugar-butter mixture. Manually or electrically beat until they are smooth.
7. Fold in dry ingredients gradually with the wet mixture.
8. Add vanilla essence.
9. Lastly add lime juice and fold the batter gently.
10. Pour half the batter in a greased pan. Spread half of chopped pineapple. Now pour the rest of batter and spread remaining pineapple over the top.
11. Gently place the pan with the help of tongs in the cooker over the separator.
12. Cover the cooker with the lid minus the rubber gasket and whistle.
13. Bake for 40-45 mins or until the skewer comes out clean.
14. Allow the cooker to cool down and remove the pan gently. Once the cake cools down unmould the cake. Invert the cake towards the smoother side where it’s easier to frost the cake.
15. Refrigerate the cake and cover with a frosting of your choice like a whipped cream and top with pineapple pieces.
16. Slice your eggless pressure cooker cake and serve warm or chilled.
If you are looking for eggless cakes then do check eggless wine chocolate cake, eggless mango cake, eggless tresleches cake, eggless craisin cake, eggless butter cake and eggless banana cake.
Eggless Pressure Cooker Cake Recipe below:
- 1.5 cup flour (maida)
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 tbsp milk powder
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 cup coconut oil or butter ( I used organic oil)
- milk ½ cup
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- ½ cup chopped pineapple (canned or fresh)
- Pressure Cooker
- Separator or metal dish or stand
- ½ cup sea salt or sand
- spatula for mixing
- Sift maida, corn flour, baking powder, salt and milk powder.
- Beat oil / butter with powdered sugar until light and fluffy.
- Meanwhile preheat the cooker. First place sand or sea-salt at the bottom.
- Place the separator over the layer of salt or sand.
- Now cover with the lid upside down without the rubber gasket and whistle. Place on medium heat for 10 mins before baking.
- Coming back to the cake add milk to the sugar-butter mixture. Manually or electrically beat until they are smooth.
- Fold in dry ingredients gradually with the wet mixture.
- Add vanilla essence.
- Lastly add lime juice and fold the batter gently.
- Pour half the batter in a greased pan. Spread half of chopped pineapple.Now pour the rest of batter and spread remaining pineapple over the top.
- Gently place the pan with the help of tongs in the cooker over the separator.
- Cover the cooker with the lid minus the rubber gasket and whistle. Bake for 40-45 mins or until the skewer comes out clean.
- Allow the cooker to cool down and remove the pan gently. Once the cake cools down unmould the cake. Refrigerate the cake and cover with a frosting of your choice like a whipped cream and top with pineapple pieces.
- Slice your eggless pressure cooker cake and serve warm or chilled.
2. While baking in cookr ensure its baked throughout low heat.
3. I have used edible mango cooking chocolate with whipped cream, sprinkled some candies.
4. You could just eat the cake as it is or frost the way you like,
fathima mufeedha.k says
i used table salt. as u said there was a smell after pre heating. i tried eggless sponge cake. cake got prfctly cooked and soft . but had a bad tste , like what i felt from salt on pre heat. a smoky taste. what is tne reason ?
Dear Fathima apologies for the delay in replying. All cookers are not the same so difficult to say what has gone wrong. Hoping the sea-salt used was good and not spoiled?
MILK SHOULD BE A RAW ONE OR BOILED?? PLEASE REPLY
Manjula milk should be boiled one or you could also use the tetra pack milk. Hope this information helps you.
thank you ..
Vanita Amin says
Merry Christmas & A happy New Year to you & your family. Thks for this lovely Eggless Pressure Cooker Cake. Love all the Post. Thks. Take Care 🙂
Thankyou so much Vanita wish you too the same 🙂 you take care too and god bless you.
I would love to try this cake. Just one query. Where do you get sea salt. How do you ask the shopkeeper for sea salt. What is it called in Hindi.
Vanessa surely try would await your feedback. Sea Salt is easily available in India even at local stores. Ask for jada namak to the shopkeeper. Hope this help’s you.
Nayana Dakshini says
thanks so much
i’ll try this.
once again thanks
Sure Kitu try and lemme know and you are welcome 🙂
thank u so much
i’ll try to make & then tell u.
once again thanks.