Paneer . . . Lot of fond memories attached to it…. the word itself makes you feel hungry and one gets tempted to eat Paneer or Cottage Cheese. Cottage Cheese is known as paneer in India. Paneer is one of my favorite eatable since childhood even my pet loves it and I am sure its favorite of many of us. I decided to make this Recipe Malai Paneer in Rich Tomato Gravy for lunch and it tastes yum.
There are variety of recipes of Paneer however the one I chosen is usually prepared at my home . It’s easy to make moreover the dish is yummy. Its little high on calories but once in a while its great to forget about weight and just eat without worrying. Lets go through the Rich Malai Paneer Recipe in Tomato Gravy
Also I have a of Paneer (Cottage Cheese) Recipes on my blog some are listed below.
- Paneer pakoras
- Palak Paneer Paratha
- Paneer Indian Recipe
- Malai Paneer In Tomato Gravy
- Mughlai Palak Paneer
- Paneer Toast Recipe
- Paneer Peda
- Palak Paneer
- Cottage Cheese puffs
- Rasgulla Recipe
- Easy Baked Chocolate Sandesh
- Kalakand Milk Burfi
Firstly shallow fry the cottage cheese with some oil for 4 mins on low heat.
Garam Masala preparation: (Grind Cardamom,Cloves,Cinnamon,Black Pepper,Dhaniya seeds,Chillies and Ginger into a mixer to form Garam Masala Mixture)
Paste: Soak magaj(watermelon seeds), cashewnuts and sesame seeds into hot water for 5 to 10 mins and blend them in a mixie to make a fine paste
Below is the pic of Grounded paste of all Garam Masalas, Curd,Paste of Magaj, Cashews and Sesame Seeds and not to forget Kasuri Methi
Blanched Tomatoes: Add Tomatoes in water and boil for 10mins. Remove the tomatoes put aside for sometime. Once its cooled down than peel off the skin and put the peeled tomatoes in the grinder to form a thick paste. Now the tomato paste is ready to add in the dish
Tips for making Malai Paneer in Tomato Gravy:
- Paneer should be soft and of good quality shallow fry them before adding into the gravy.
- You can make the garam masala paste as described in the recipe or just add garam masala powder if you want to save time.
Try out this delicious recipe and do let me know your feedback.
The printable version below:
- 250 gms Malai Paneer (cubes shallow fried)
- 3 big sized tomatoes Blanched (Quarter kg)
- 1 big sized Onion (Make paste of onion separately cut them and grind with water in the mixer to form a thick paste)
- 3 teaspoon kasuri Methi
- 1 teaspoon shahi jeera
- ½ teaspoon Haldi
- 1 teaspoon chilli Powder
- 2 Green Cardamom ,
- 3 Cloves,
- 1 Cinnamon (around 1 inch)
- 3 whole Black Pepper,
- 1 tablespoon Dhaniya seeds,
- 4 green chillies,
- 1 ginger(25 gms or about a inch),
- 3 tablespoon magaj(watermelon seeds),
- 10 cashew nuts,
- 1 ts sesame seeds (white Til)
- ½ cup curd(50 gms)
- 3 tbsp Fresh Cream
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tbsp Ghee or Butter or Oil
- Grated Cheese and Coriander leaves for decoration.
- Take a kadai add 1 ts Ghee or Oil than put Shahi jeera for tadka . Now add the onion paste until light brown .
- Add the garam masala paste as described above and stir for about 5 to 6 mins.
- Now add haldi , tomato paste to it than add the paste (magaj,cashewnuts and sesame seeds paste as described above) than stir it well for about 10 mins. Its time to add kasuri methi and wait until the water dries.
- Add the Paneer (which is already shallowed fried until light brown). Let the Paneer cook for about 2 mins than add curd and cream. Stir it for about a minute garnish with grated cheese and coriander leaves. The dish is ready to be served . Serve the dish Hot along with Raita and Parathas.