Comfort yourself this summer with this chilled, soft and delicious frozen treat called Nutty Gulkand Icecream Recipe. This icecream is easy to make and is soft, supple and yummy 🙂 ….. Gulkand is nothing but Rose petal jam. Gulkand is known to be great for summer and acts as a coolant to your body. I have started eating gulkand regularly for beating heat in summers and keep myself cool.
Recently when I been to Mumbai I picked up Gulkand bottle. Apart from eating regularly I wanted to make something from gulkand. It’s quite sweet so I thought of making a Gulkand Icecream with honey, rose syrup, rose water and roasted nuts. The outcome was amazing my hubby loved it although he isn’t fond of sweets.
The best part is there is no need to add sugar. Reason being gulkand is sweet, rose syrup is sweet and honey is also sweet. Please don’t add sugar else it will be too sweet. In fact my icecream was just perfect sweet as I don’t prefer anything too sweet.
I wish I could have packed icecream with my honey’s lunch box. It’s not possible as icecream will be a drink then 🙂 ……… yeah if this was a cold country perhaps I could have parcelled him some frozen treats 😉
It’s a weird noon in Pune all of a sudden its raining and the weather has turned pleasant and cool. I can hear the birds chirping and they are sounding happy because of rains. I just had some icecream now it’s turning cold so I am also feeling like sipping something hot. I will make french fries with a hot cup of tea!
Gulkand Icecream Recipe below:
- 200 ml full fat cream
- 200 ml milk
- 2 tbsp sweetened rose syrup ( I used Mapro brand)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp gulkand
- 3 tbsp pure rose water Or rose extracts
- ½ cup rose petals (optional)
- 1 tbsp rose essence Or saffron essence
- ½ cup roasted Or toasted almonds and cashew nuts
- Combine all of the above ingredients except nuts. Grind into a processor until all blends nicely.
- Add few roasted nuts and mix nicely. Keep the rest of toasted nuts aside.
- Place it in the freezer covered for 3 hours Or until firm. Once firm again grind the icecream into the processor until they all blend nicely.
- Now keep back into the freezer add the reserved toasted nuts on top. Freeze until firm. Once firm your gulkand iceccream is ready. Serve chilled with drizzled rose syrup.
2. Please grind the icecream mixture twice for better impact and results. Gulkand tends to settle down at the base. hence it's important to grind twice.