Me and my sister’s favorite Aamras Puri. Our entire family binges on mangoes just like any Indian family does. Mangoes are our hot favorite. Aamras Puri is nothing but fresh Mango puree served with puris. Puris are made of wheat flour and deep fried in Oil. The combination is a deadly combination. It’s a must try and worth trying 🙂
There are lot of variations to make Aamras in India. Some make by adding cream Or milk. Some add coconut milk and dry fruits. However I love Mangoes the way it is. I have kept this Aamras simple yet tasty by not adding any extra ingredients to it.
There is not much to say on Aamras recipe as its so simple even kids can make them! By the way I have made this week Mango Icecream, Mango Mousse with Mango Pulp, Coconut Mango Cheescake and Aamras Puri I wonder what next?
Let’s make Aamras Puri recipe stepwise:
1. Very important use chilled Mangoes.
2. Just peel their skin and chop the flesh into medium pieces.
3. Just taste the mangoes if they are sweet need not add sugar. But if they are not very sweet than add sugar as per your taste. Grind them into a processor until thick and smooth. Pour this Mango puree into the serving bowl scraping from all the side of the processor. Now keep this bowl in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
4. Serve chilled…………Decorate with dry fruits or mint leaves. Also you can garnish few rose petals on Aamras.
For Puri recipe : Scroll down don’t have stepwise pictures for poori.
Aamras Recipe and printable version below:
- 3 Chilled Ripe Alphonso Mangoes
- Sugar if required
- Dry Fruits (Optional)
- 2 cups Wheat flour
- 6 tbsp Water
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 t/s Salt
- 2 cups Oil
- Very important use chilled Mangoes.
- Just peel their skin and chop the flesh into medium pieces.
- Just taste the mangoes if they are sweet need not add sugar. But if they are not very sweet than add sugar as per your taste. Grind them into a processor until thick and smooth. Pour this Mango puree into the serving bowl scraping from all the side of the processor. Now keep this bowl in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Serve chilled............Decorate with dry fruits or mint leaves.Also you can garnish few rose petals on Aamras.
- Take a mixing vessel. Combine all the ingredients and knead into a dough. If its too dry add little water. If its too thin please add more flour. For Indian Puris the dough should be slightly firm and not too soft. Knead for atleast 15 mins.
- Now divide the dough into 4 balls.
- Roll each ball with a roller into round shape with thick base. Take a cutter or a small steel bowl.
- Place these bowls into the flatten dough and put some pressure on the bowls. Repeat the same process with remaining dough. Now place these round puris on a paper napkin.
- Take a frying pan add oil into it. Keep on low heat. Once oil is hot gently add puris. Deep fry them from both sides until light golden brown.
- While frying Puris give some pressure with the back of spoon on the. So it fries evenly and also becomes little fluffy.
- Place these fried Puris on tissue paper to absorb excess oil from them.
- Serve Puris hot with chilled Aamras.
2. Don't fry the Puris too much else it might burn.
Also once you fry the Puris once they are at room temperature. Cover them else it 3. might get firm.
dharmesh shah says
sir if after making aam ras is khatta so that how to make sweet one . pl give your procedure or suggestion in firstname.lastname@example.org
Dharmesh if mangoes are not sweet then it would taste tangy so add little powdered sugar and mix nicely. It would become sweet then hope this help’s you thanks.
venus john says
thanks..do you teach cooking?
Venus you are welcome I don’t teach cooking but started the food blog with intention of teaching amateur cooks with step-wise instructions and pictures.
mujhe bhi khani hai koi khilado plz plz
Thanks for coming here do try them at home for sure 🙂
I am up for trying something new and I have never had mango or puri. I know, the fact that I have never tried mango is hard to believe-but it is rarely found at our grocers. I will need to seek it out at a store that specializes in produce. Thanks for sharing this unique and delicious dish-great pictures.
Hmmm shall I send you some Mangoes :)….. Its alrite you can try making from Mango pulp it its available there. Thanks a ton for your views…
God bless you!