One of my favorite dishes Baked Vegetables in White Sauce Recipe! unique, healthy, yum, cheesy and delicious 🙂 worth trying! had loads of veggies in fridge and I wanted to make something healthy so made Baked Vegetables in White Sauce. Just one dish with loads of veggies and made some cheese toast sandwiches. We had a sumptuous dinner 🙂
Somehow I have fallen in love with cherry tomatoes. Cherry tomatoes gives a nice flavor and value to food. You would be surprised this is the first time I used cherry tomatoes. Now I am addicted towards them. Bought another packet of them will put them to use soon.
Also you could add loads of veggies in your baked vegetables and make them nutritious. Veggies like spinach, baby corn, tomatoes, herbs, parsley etc. Best way to make your fussy baby Or hubby eat them. They will just enjoy and won’t know what’s there in their mouth?
Cheese has endless varieties when it comes to baking. You could use right from plain cheese, mozarella cheese, cheddar cheese, processed cheese, parmesan cheese, blue cheese etc. I mostly use cheddar cheese, cheese slices, mozarella and processed cheese. I love any cheese whatever their make is … I am sure you love too!
Baked Vegetables in White Sauce and Cheese Recipe and printable version below:
- 4 boiled potatoes cut length wise Or mashed potatoes
- 10 to 12 chopped spinach leaves
- 6 to 7 babycorn chopped into rounds
- 8 to 10 cherry tomatoes cut into halves
- 1 cup cheddar cheese Or 4 to 5 cheese slice chopped or mozarella cheese
- 4 bread slices + ½ cup water
- few dried herbs
- salt as per taste
- White Sauce Ingredients:
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp flour
- ½ cup milk
- 1 t/s salt
- First we shall make white sauce. Take a wide bottomed saucepan. Add butter and place on low heat.
- Soon add flour and keep stirring. After 2 mins switch off the gas.
- Add milk to it. Now switch on the gas and keep stirring. Also add salt.
- Soon it will start thickening. Switch off the gas and keep aside.
- Take baking dish and place chopped boiled potatoes Or mashed potatoes at the bottom. Now scatter spinach leaves, baby corn and cherry tomatoes.
- Pour the white sauce over them.
- Spread some cheese slices and keep some reserved.
- Lastly dip bread slices in water. Squeeze the water from the bread. Spread them over the top. Sprinkle some dried herbs. Now place cheese slices and wrap them all over the top with cheese.
- Preheat oven at 180°C for 5 mins before baking. Bake at 180°C for 12 to 14 mins Or until nice brown on top and baked.
- Serve hot with tomato and chilly sauce.
2. You could use veggies of your choice.
3. Non Vegetarians can add shredded chicken Or ham into the dish.