Boneless Chicken Tandoori at home in restaurant style! My hubbys favorite food is Boneless Chicken Tandoori 🙂 Tandoori boneless chicken recipe are one of India’s hottest selling food. Also Tandoori Chicken i’s Mumbai’s Hottest selling food. This dish can be a side starter Or snack accompanied with drinks.
Have been recently getting a lot of requests for non vegetarian dishes. That’s why I thought of tandoori chicken. I have made this in oven and it took a long while for me to wrap up. So just a caution if your making tandoori chicken home please be patient. Marination can be done overnight. If you have a tandoor you can make in it or if you are just lazy to make tandoori style …… then just coat with corn flour and shallow fry them 🙂
I have reminiscences of my father bringing tandoori chicken, tandoori prawns, tandoori rawas along with green chutney and onions. He used to get for me and my sis almost every night on his way back. I remember as a kid I used to love white butter chicken and tandoori prawns. I have enjoyed good food since my childhood. Thanks to my parents for that!
Actually I also made butter chicken today! It came out pretty well. To be honest it tasted awesome except it was a little salty. I added sea salt and it slightly went overboard on my measurements. However it tasted awesome with whole wheat butter naans. Also I have tried hyderabadi chicken biryani and boneless tandoori chicken which tasted great.
Let’s make Tandoori Chicken step by step details below:
1. Preheat oven at 220°C exactly 10 mins before baking. Place aluminium foil on the pan. This helps to induce heat and baking process. Firstly wash boneless chicken pieces and keep aside. Let’s prepare our marination. Combine 1 tbsp kashmiri red chili powder, turmeric, lime juice, black salt, cumin seed, chicken masala powder. Combine all nicely cover and keep aside for 30 to 40 mins.
6. Turn the chicken pieces upside down. Brush some butter on them. Bake for 4 to 5 mins more. Ensure you don’t over-bake them as the juices might get burnt and will stick to the foil. Repeat the same with other chicken pieces.
8. Serve boneless tandoori chicken hot with naan, roti or paratha.
Boneless Chicken Tandoori recipe and printable details listed below:
- 500 gms boneless chicken small sized pieces about 1 Or 1.5 inch wide
- 200 ml hung curd Or hung yogurt
- 1 tbsp cumin seed (jeera)
- 3 tbsp kashmiri red chili powder
- 1 tbsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin seed powder
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 1 tbsp fennel seed powder (saunf)
- 1 t/s garam masala powder
- 1 tbsp chicken masala powder ( I used everest brand)
- ½ t/s turmeric (haldi)
- few chopped coriander leaves (kothmir)
- few chopped mint leaves (pudina)
- few kasuri methi (dried feungreek leaves)
- 2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tbsp chat masala
- 1 tbsp anardana powder
- black salt as per taste
- few chopped coriander leaves
- few mint leaves
- onion cut into rounds for decoration
- Tandoori Green Chutney (optional)
- Equipment Required:
- aluminium foil
- microwave at convection mode
- tooth pick
- baking pan Or tray
- Preheat oven at 220°C exactly 10 mins before baking. Place aluminium foil on the pan. This helps to induce heat and baking process.
- Firstly wash boneless chicken pieces and keep aside. Let's prepare our marination. 3.Combine 1 tbsp kashmiri red chili powder, turmeric, lime juice, black salt, cumin seed, chicken masala powder. Combine all nicely cover and keep aside for 30 to 40 mins.
- Now mix hung curd with ginger-garlic paste, garam masala powder, combine kashmiri red chili powder, cumin seed powder, fennel seed powder, kasuri methi, coriander leaves, mint leaves, chat masala, anardana powder, rest of kashmiri chili powder, red chili powder, garam masala powder and salt.
- Combine nicely with a beater in a bowl until is nicely mixed.
- Now rub this curd marination on the chicken piece. Sprinkle corn flour on it. Cover all nicely and keep aside into a freezer covered overnight Or for 3 to 4 hours. The longer the marination the better it is.
- Take toothpick and insert into each chicken piece right at the center. Skewer all chicken pieces. Place the skewered chicken pieces at a one inch space from each other on the aluminium foil. Don't cluster too many chicken at one go. Spread the marinated batter if any remaining. I spent 2 hours making tandoori chicken in oven. As my oven is small hence small tray.
- Bake in oven at 220°C for 7 to 9 mins until its cooked and slightly brown.
- Turn the chicken pieces upside down. Brush some butter on them. Bake for 4 to 5 mins more. Ensure you don't overbake them as the juices might get burnt and will stick to the foil. Repeat the same with other chicken pieces.
- Remove the skewers sprinkle some lime juice, chat masala, chopped coriander-mint leaves, onion ringlets and tandoori chicken chutney.
- Serve boneless tandoori chicken recipe hot with naan.
2.You can add 2 tbsp black pepper it becomes Peppered Tandoori Chicken. Add less of chili powder else your stomach will get angry with that spice 😉
3.It's important to preheat the oven before baking chicken.
4.If you are using medium sized chicken ensure yo prick them with fork then marinate. As this process will help the marination to penetrate better in the chicken.
Amrin banu says
I tried this today and it was delicious :))) loved it :)) thnk u fr such a wonderful recipe :)) i just added a bit of red colour as i did not lik d coloir and i did not hav kashmiri red chilli powder so i added pepper powder instead and it was yum :)))
Thanks Amrin for trying I am happy you liked the tandoori chicken recipe and nice to see your feedback 🙂 🙂 adding pepper would also give a nice taste.
Wow…looking superb…mouth watering….I will surely try this…many thanks for such wonderful recipes. Can u please post some Veg. & Non Veg. spring roll recipes Maria.
Thanks a ton Milind have already replied you on facebook please give me some time for it… thanks and take care!
how long can tandoori chicken be kept after preparation? is refrigeration required?
If you marinating chicken you could keep for 3 days in fridge. If you want to keep tandoori chicken you could keep in fridge for 3 days. Hope this helps you 🙂
Thanks Maria for the quick reply. Truly appreciate it. I have another quick question 🙂 Will u plz tell me if u used an OTG or Microwave-convection funtion or Oven? I only have a microwave with convection and grill utility…so can i make these tikkas in that?
Kirti you are welcome 🙂 I have oven with all modes and don’t have an OTG. I have baked tikkas in convection mode (baking mode) at 220 degree celcius… please go on this link for further details http://www.flavorsofmumbai.com/boneless-chicken-tandoori/. Hope this helps you 🙂
hi, the first pic shows the chicken red in color and below, it looks pale. Will u plz tell me how you got the bright red color? Also did u use boneless chichen breasts or boneless chicken thighs? your response is truly appreciated…
It’s the same preparation Kirti. It’s showing different colors because of photography. I used boneless chicken breast. Hope this helps you!
very nice pics…………………looking yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmy!!
Thanks Anuja 🙂
Kiri W. says
Oh, how I love tandoori chicken – this looks amazing! 🙂 What a treat. Bookmarking it right now!
thanks Kiri 🙂
these tandoori chicken pics are exactly looking like the restaurant ones 🙂
thanks 🙂 dassana
thanks Aldrin 🙂 do try them!