My mouth is salivating when I am sharing about Cheese Potato Balls. These Cheese Potato Balls are stuffed with cheese, covered with mashed potatoes, infused in spices and then deep fried. Gosh Cheese Potato Balls are super yum and great to have during tea time. Kids, adults anybody in the family will fall for these fried Cheese Potato Balls 😉
It’s okay to forget sometimes calories and indulge in fatty food. Cheese Potato Balls are quite easy to make you can make them in advance and keep in the fridge. Thaw the mixture for 30 mins and make the Cheese Potato Balls. My mom used to make for me bread cheese balls I know how much we used to love eating them in school. Dip the Cheese Potato Balls in sauce Or chutney and they taste just awesome.
Everyday I feel like eating something new. That’s me sometimes I really get tired eating my own food. Sometimes I feel people should call me their house Or offer me a sumptuous meal as it gets boring being a host Or cooking and eating your own food all the time.
Mostly weekends we go to dine out. However sometimes while eating outside food I feel should have made this dish at home could have tasted much better 😉 that’s me can’t change lol. Guess all cooks must be facing this issue 🙂
Cheese Potato Balls recipe and the printable version below:
- 1.5 cup oil for deep frying
- 3 big sized potatoes boiled, peeled and mashed
- 4 cheese cubes grated
- ½ cup coriander leaves chopped finely
- 1 Or 2 green chilies finely chopped
- 1 tbsp amchur powder (dried raw mango powder)
- 1 tbsp chat masala
- 1 tbsp anardana powder (dried pomegranate seed powder)
- 1 t/s turmeric powder
- ½ t/s red chili powder
- 1 tbsp coriander seed powder (sukha dhaniya powder)
- 1 tbsp garam masala powder ( I used homemade garam masala powder)
- 1 tbsp cumin seed powder (jeera powder)
- 1 tbsp fennel seed powder (saunf powder)
- ½ lime juice
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- 2 tbsp rice flour + 2 tbsp semolina (rava)
- black salt Or salt as per taste
- Boil the potatoes until tender peel their skin chop them into pieces and keep aside.
- Add all of the above ingredients from number 3 to 16. except cheese. Mix everything with your finger tips. Lastly add salt and if the mixture is too wet add a little more rice flour.
- Rub some oil to your palms. Now make marble sized balls from the mixture. Flatten each ball with your fingertips. Add cheese to it and wrap the edges towards the center and form into a ball. Ensure the cheese is stuffed properly and the covering is wrapped evenly from all sides. Stuff cheese into all balls.
- Place a deep kadai Or wok on fire. Once oil is hot reduce the heat to low Or medium. Spread rice flour + semolina on a dish. Mix them with a spoon. Roll the stuffed cheese balls over it. Coat the balls nicely with the rice flour and semolina mixture.
- Deep fry the balls until golden brown from all sides. Remove the fried balls with the help of slotted spoon. Place on absorbent napkins to absorb excess oil. Serve hot with green chutney Or sauce.
- Ensure you fry them on medium heat else they will burn and not cook from within.
- It's important the mixture has good binding else the balls will crack open while frying.
- Keep your face far away while frying them.
- The trick to fry the cheese balls are to fry them in small Or medium kadai. As smaller vessel will hold lesser oil as compared to bigger vessel and the balls will fry faster. But don't put too many at a time while frying.
- I have stuffed cheese you could stuff cottage cheese, sweet corn, mushrooms, peas etc.
2. It's important the mixture has good binding and shaped well without cracks else the balls will crack open while frying.
3. Keep your face far away while frying them.
4. The trick to fry the cheese balls are to fry them in small Or medium kadai. As smaller vessel will hold lesser oil as compared to bigger vessel and the balls will fry faster. But don't put too many at a time while frying.
5. I have stuffed cheese you could stuff cottage cheese, sweet corn, mushrooms, peas etc.