Chicken Keema Recipe is chicken mince made with spices, herbs and green peas. In Mumbai keema pav is very famous along with their maska buns. This is an easy yet delicious recipe of Chicken Keema with matar. Mince is also known as keema, kheema or qeema.
I have used boneless chicken mince you could use mutton mince. We love chicken mince hence made Chicken Keema. You could eat chicken keema with pav, roti or rice with some salad or raita.
The best part of chicken keema is you could use them as stuffing in samosas, parathas, sandwiches etc. Keema even tastes great when stuffed in bread with omelet and some sauce or chutney.
I have tried shahi chicken keema and chicken keema paratha. Also, I have tried several chicken recipe son blog like chicken masala curry, mughlai chicken masala, pepper chili fry chicken, mughlai chicken korma, spinach chicken and potato curry, thai chicken curry and butter chicken.
Chicken Keema Recipe card below:
- 500 gms chicken mince
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tbsp yogurt
- 2 tbsp butter / ghee / oil (I used butter)
- 200 gms green peas
- 1 t/s caraway seed
- 3 onion chopped into julienne
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 7-8 mint leaves
- ¼th cup coriander leaves
- 2 green or red chilies finely chopped
- 1 tbsp garam masala powder
- 1 t/s coriander seed powder
- 1 t/s sugar
- 2 boiled eggs and diced for garnish (optional)
- salt as per taste
- Wash keema, rinse and allow to dry. Marinate with all the ingredients for 15 mins.
- Take a pan add little oil saute onion till brown in color add chopped tomatoes.
- Saute tomatoes until cooked.
- Now add mint leaves and coriander leaves. Saute for 2 mins more.
- Remove the cooked onion mixture, allow to cool and grind with little water until blended well.
- Now take the same pan add butter or oil. Add caraway seeds and saute until it crackles.
- Add the ground paste and fry for 2 mins on low heat. If its too dry add little water.
- Now add the marinated keema, green peas, green or red chilies. Stir fry until oil leaves from the mixture.
- Cook until green peas and keema are cooked. Add salt, garam masala powder, coriander seed powder and sugar.
- Mix all nicely and simmer until mixture is dried and golden in color.
- Switch off the gas, garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve the chicken keema with peas along with boiled egg slices and pav.
2. You could use mince of any meat. In fact you could also make this from paneer.