Here comes Easter Eggs that too Homemade Chocolate Easter Egg! I utilized my creative mind for it and the egg looked damn neat and tempting. I have packed these as Easter goodies for my family, friends and relatives. Homemade Chocolate Easter Egg is easy to make and you can use your own imagination and art to make them.
You can make them further decorative by wrapping with colorful transparent papers and ribbons. Also allow your kids to make them. They will come with their playful minds and creativity. Eggs can also be kept with few grass, leaves, flowers, ribbons and straws.
You could also make hard eggs and dye them with natural colors. Make a small hole through a needle. I pierced it hard. Then take a tooth pick and make that hole little big. Enough for your piping bag to enter through it. Just ensure you be gentle Or else the egg might break.
Another important part is place these eggs in hot boiling water for 5 to 7 mins with some sea salt. You need to sterilize the eggs Or the bacteria can cause harm. Now allow the eggs to dry.
The question is how to naturally dye?
- Beetroot for Pink Color: Chop beetroot and add in boiling water. After 5 mins add the eggs into it. Switch off the gas. Keep as long as you can for better color to come on your egg.
- Turmeric for Yellow Color: Add turmeric in boiling water. After 5 mins add the eggs into it. Switch off the gas. Keep as long as you can for better color to come on your egg.
- Blueberry for blue color: Add blueberries in boiling water. After 5 mins add the eggs into it. Switch off the gas. Keep as long as you can for better color to come on your egg.
- Cocoa Or Coffee powder: Add cocoa powder Or coffee powder. After 5 mins add the eggs into it. Switch off the gas. Keep as long as you can for better color to come on your egg.
You can stick leaves on egg Or some shapes like star, sun, heart, squares. Once you stick your desired design you can use crayons color. Now remove the shapes gently. You will have a star shape which will be uncolored and give nice effect to your eggs.
Coming back to Chocolate Easter Egg!
Total Time: 10 mins melt chocolate + 3 hours to solidify
Keep all equipment’s ready like moulds, eggs and piper.
- You can come with more creative ideas.
- Be careful while melting chocolate. Alternatively you can microwave them.
Homemade Chocolate Easter Egg Recipe details below:
- 250 gms dark chocolate chunks
- 100 gms white chocolate chunks
- 4 clean eggs Or any desired moulds
- Keep all equipment's ready like moulds, eggs and piper.
- Grease the moulds if using and keep aside. Double boil white chocolate until it all melts. Keep stirring.
- If using hard egg as moulds. Pierce it with a needle. Now prick with a toothpick make enough space for piping to enter.
- Now slowly pipe the white chocolate into the egg about a inch. Also if using moulds. Pipe the white chocolate into the moulds just about half a inch. Allow to cool down.
- It's time to double boil dark chocolate. Once it melts use the piping cone Or bag to spread over the hard eggs Or moulds upto the fullest.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours Or once it solidifies. Now gently pat with your palm and unmould the chocolate.