Learn How to make Chocolate Lassi Recipe! The thought of Lassi was making me crazy! So imagine when I made them what I must have done. I gulped 2 glasses of Lassi one after another. My hubby isn’t fond of lassis so I had all by myself. The question was how to make Chocolate Lassi? If I added cocoa powder it wouldn’t have had given great impact on my Chocolate Lassi.
So I combined melted dark chocolate, nutella, cocoa powder, some caster sugar and roasted almonds. My Chocolate Lassi was luscious, creamy, thick, yummy, tangy and sweet also low calorie lassi. Sometimes I feel I can make weird things from chocolate I am so obsessed with them lol ;)….. So I will share my secret of Chocolate Lassi Recipe with everyone today.
This Chocolate Lassi makes you refresh and feel light. You can beat heat with this Indian drink. Lassis is are very popular across India espescially in the north side of India. I wish I could go there and drink lassis in tall metal glasses one day there. Now there are various kinds of lassis made like cardamom lassi, dry fruit lassi, mango lassi, matka lassi, kesar lassi, namkeen lassi etc …… But it’s quite rare to find anywhere Chocolate Lassi you will have to make them by yourself if you want to have them
I have bought mangoes and I am thinking which dessert to make from them as yet. May be in sometime I will come to a conclusion. Tomorrows post will be surely something made from mango. Also I have got oranges sometimes I can just eat them rather than thinking too much? right. Now coming back to my chocolate lassi. It’s easy to make and you can even chill them for 3 to 4 days in the fridge. If you have uninvited guests just add some ice cubes to your yogurt it will get chilled instantly.
Lemme also tell you Lassi is nothing but sweetened curd (yogurt). It’s suppose to be a cool drink for stomach with great health benefits. I have been drinking lassi since childhood. My mom used to make for us when we were kids. Some people also make lassi from hung curd which gives a more thicker, creameir and delicious version of lassi. You can try your variations and inventions with lassi. You can even add a dsah of fruits Or canned fruits for a different variety of lassi. Guess given you enough ideas it’s time to share my Chocolate Lassi Recipe!
Chocolate Lassi step by step details below:
1. Combine chocolate, cocoa and nutella into a microwave bowl with 2tbsp water. Microwave on high power for 60 secs Or until melted. Allow the chocolate to come to room temperature.
2. Now mix melted chocolate, some toasted almonds, chilled yogurt, caster sugar and some ice cubes if using. Grind them into a processor until they all mix evenly.
3. Serve chocolate lassi recipe chilled in tall glasses Or matkas Or metal glasses. Decorate on top with reserved toasted almond juliennes.
Chocolate Lassi Recipe below:
- 200 gms chilled thick yogurt ( you could also use hung curd if you wish)
- 2 tbsp water
- 100 gms dark chocolate chunks
- 4 tbsp nutella at room temperature (optional)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 8 to 9 toasted Or roasted almonds sliced into juliennes
- 2 tbsp caster sugar Or brown sugar( I prefer less sugar you can add more if required)
- a pinch of salt
- few ice cubes(optional)
- Combine chocolate, cocoa and nutella into a microwave bowl with 2tbsp water. Microwave on high power for 60 secs Or until melted.
- Allow the chocolate to come to room temperature.
- Now mix melted chocolate, some toasted almonds, chilled yogurt, caster sugar and some ice cubes if using.
- Grind them into a processor until they all mix evenly.
- Serve chilled in tall glasses Or matkas Or metal glasses. Decorate on top with reserved toasted almond juliennes.
You can bake almonds for ten mins at 200 °C. Now chop them into juliennes with a sharp knife.
Also don't mix hot melted chocolate with yogurt. Allow the chocolate to come to room temperature then mix with other ingredients.
If you don't have nutella just replace with grated chocolate.