Chocolate Nankhatai Recipe with step by step photos. This nankhatai is crumbly, tempting and easy to make ! Twist to desi nankhatai by adding dash of cocoa powder. Also topped with few choco chips. It’s tempting you can just act like one glutton eating these cute biscuits. I have made traditional nankhatai which was tasty. But the chocolate version is just too adorable.
Kids will love these nankhatai’s. Even when you place them on a platter with other sweets. This brown nankhatai will stand out. As soon as I made a batch of these they got over very soon. In fact the same day had made nankhatai and chocolate nankhatai. The chocolate ones disappeared soon. The best part of this dessert is it can be made for Diwali and Christmas both.
If you ask me honestly I loved both version. But as I mentioned earlier the choco chips attract people towards it. Also because of cocoa powder the biscuits becomes crispy and crunchy.You could make you own version of nankhatai like pistachio flavored, saffron flavored etc.
This month is only dedicated to Diwali sweets and savories check some Diwali sweets here. Will post on by one. As of now let’s make chocolate nankhatai. Check some more Diwali Recipes like gulab jamun, mohanthal, boondi ladoo, spicy shankarpali ,phirni, basundi and nankhatai.
Chocolate Nankhatai Recipe card below:
- 150 gms refined flour (maida)
- 1.5 tbsp gram flour (besan)
- ½ t/s baking powder
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- a pinch of salt
- ¼th t/s cardamom powder
- ¼ t/s dry ginger powder (soonth) optional
- 80 gms powdered sugar
- 75 gms butter / ghee/ dalda (I used butter)
- 40 gms pistachio flakes
- 1 tbsp milkOr more if required
- 50 gms chocochips for topping
- Preheat the oven for 12 mins exactly before baking. Grease the pans Or
- tray with some butter.
- Sift flour, cocoa powder, salt, besan and baking powder. Add cardamom, ginger powder and pistachio flakes. Mix all nicely.
- Cream butter and sugar manually Or with a beater until it’s light and fluffy.
- Make small well in the sifted flour. Add the butter-sugar mixture in the center.
- Mix all until appear like bread crumbs.
- Now knead into a smooth dough add little milk if the dough is too dry.
- Cover and keep the dough aside for ten mins. Shape into marble sized balls and slightly flatten it. Ensure there are no cracks.
- Roll the shaped biscuit over choco chips. Alternatively you could place few choco chips over the top.
- Place the biscuit over greased tray, muffin pans etc.
- Bake at 180°C for 15 mins Or until they are baked.
- Please don’t over bake Or under bake. Allow them to cool.
- Once cool store biscuits into an airtight jar Or container.
- Serve them as Diwali sweet Or as a tea time snack.
I have added sugar as per my preference. You could add more if you wish.
Instead of pistachio add any nut of your choice.
You could chill the dough into freezer. Thaw for 30 mins then read to use.