Time for me to rejoice with these beautiful, yummy Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies 🙂 🙂 Reason to be happy my sis and jiju gifted me a camera. That’s why made Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies other reason is to just make something from chocolate ;)….. I never require any reason to make something from chocolates. I am in love with these Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies ….. It’s worth trying.
Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies are easy to make and tastes yum. My last post was Dark Chocolate Dipped Pretzels. Guess I am eating a lot of antioxidants by slurping cocoa and choco :)…….. Now that I have an upgraded version of camera I am too scared to even operate it. I have just opened the box today and trying to understand the methodology of how this camera functions? Hope I become an ace photographer with this and my blog gets some great food pics.
Perseverance and hard work will pay off one day. That’s for sure! But sometimes we are impatient for the outcome right 🙂 I am also from that category. But time teaches everything and heals everything right!
Coming back to my Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies! They are easy to make, tastes delicious, great aroma and is too tempting. Allow your kids to make them they will be eager to make and bake! These Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies are just perfect with a hot cup of tea 🙂
So what you waiting for just try them! Also no step by step pics for this one reason was lazy to do it. More Eggless Cookies Recipe!
Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies Recipe and printable version below:
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil Or unsalted butter
- 225 gms refined flour (maida) ( I used wheat flour and refined flour at 1:1 proportion)
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp espresso (instant coffee powder)
- 80 gms caster sugar
- 1 tbsp almond extract Or essence
- 1 egg
- a pinch of salt
- 4 tbsp heaped nutella
- 2 tbsp olive oil Or butter
- Preheat the oven at 180° C exactly ten mins before baking. Grease the baking tray lightly with butter Or clarified butter. Sift dry ingredients and keep aside ( flour, cocoa powder, salt). Take a mixing bowl. Beat olive oil and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and beat until they are nicely combined.
- It’ s time to add the dry ingredients. Also add salt, instant espresso and almond essence.
- Start mixing with your finger tips. It will appear like bread crumbs. Knead into a soft dough. Use all your stamina to knead it. The dough should be smooth and soft.
- Chill for 15 to 20 mins in the fridge and not freezer. Dust some flour on a flat surface. Make an inch balls from the dough.
- Now flatten them slightly and give an impression from your thumb to make a small well Or indent. Don't press too hard else the cookie dough will tear apart.
- Bake them at 180°C for about 10 mins Or until just firm. Allow to cool and then transfer to a wire rack.
- Now microwave nutella with olive oil on high power for 3o to 40 secs. Pipe the melted nutella over the thumbprint cookies enough to fill the well. Don't put too much else it will spill. Repeat the same with the rest of cookies. Allow them to cool Or refrigerate them in a wide box without touching each other.
- Your Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies will solidify and it's ready to be eaten!
2.For variation you can fill any fruit jam.
3.You can even add nuts is you wish to.
4.You can bake the melted chocolates on your cookies. However I prefer not to bake the melted chocolate it tastes great.