Curry Leaves are generally used in South Indian Cuisine. I love curry leaf and curry leaf powder in my food. So I thought of making them myself home. Homemade Curry Leaf Powder is so easy to and convenient to make. You can make as much Curry Leaf Powder as much you want. Also it is not an expensive affair to make them home. As it’s difficult to trust the genuineness of masalas sold outside. This homemade Curry Leaf Powder is green, gives great aroma plus great impact to your food.
Curry leaves have great benefits. Mostly people who eat curry leaves in their food tend to have jet black hair as it avoids premature graying. You can mix some curry leaves in coconut oil and boil it for 10 to 15 mins. Now you can use this oil for your hair. My mom makes for this type of hair oil. If you don’t like curry leaves you can have them in the form of powder.
Curry Leaf Powder is used in chutney, sambar, rasam and veggies. Actually I earlier thought curry leaf powder and curry powder are the same. My sister told me that they are 2 different things. When I googled I actually found they are 2 different powders :).. curry powder is used in curries and has nothing to do with curry leaves funny 🙂
Also curry leaf paste is great for hair mask curbs greying, gives strong hair and conditioning to your hair. Even eating daily 3-4 curry leaves in the morning is beneficial for health, skin and hair.
Lemme share Homemade curry leaf powder recipe!
1. Take a pan and place on low heat. Add curry leaves .
2. Roast for 3 to 4 mins Or until slight brown in color. Please don’t burn them.
3. Now take a processor add salt. Grind until smooth and fine powder is formed. Your Curry Leaf Powder is ready. Store them in airtight container Or bottle.
Homemade curry leaf powder recipe and printable version below:
- 1 bunch of curry leaves Or 100 gms curry leaves
- a pinch of salt
- Take a pan and place on low heat. Add curry leaves .
- Roast for 3 to 4 mins Or until slight brown in color. Please don't burn them.
- Now take a processor add salt. Grind until smooth and fine powder is formed. Your Curry Leaf Powder is ready. Store them in airtight container Or bottle.
Ensure gas is on low fire else the leaves might burn.