Indulge in a sweet affair with this Dry Fig Milkshake with oats and honey! I love figs be it dry or fresh. We make figs shake quite often. However this time I made a slight twist by adding oats, saffron, honey and almonds to it. The shake was thick, creamy, luscious and yummy. My dad liked it had made specially for him.
Figs have many health benefits like good for digestion, great for bones, prevents cancer and diabetes. Also helps in reducing cholesterol and also curbs heart diseases. Figs also have vitamin B, C, minerals and antioxidants. Fig is a versatile fruit and could be used in various ways.
For instance they are used for making desserts, cakes, tarts, smoothie, icecream etc. So what you planning to make from them? They are in season right now. Make jam Or marmalade from them which would last in your fridge for a longer time.
Dry Fig Milkshake recipe and printable version below:
- 6-7 dried figs
- 3 cups chilled milk
- 3 tbsp honey / jaggery powder or as sweet required
- 3 tbsp instant oats
- few saffron strands (optional) infused in 2 tbsp hot milk
- 3 tbsp almond flakes
- few ice cubes
- Soak dried figs in boiling hot water for 5 mins. Now chop them into small pieces.
- Combine figs, honey or jaggery powder, oats and saffron infused in hot milk into the grinder. Also add ½ cup of milk.
- Grind until all blends well. Now add rest of chilled milk, ice cubes and grind for another 30 secs.
- Check the taste add more honey or jaggery powder if required.
- Serve chilled in tall glasses with flaked almonds and fig rings.
Add sugar, jaggery, maple syrup, palm sugar or honey for making your shake sweet.sYou could have them anytime of the day. Add sugar, jaggery, maple syrup, palm sugar or honey for making your shake sweet. I have used honey. Oats make your drink more creamy, thick and healthy. I have used honey.
Oats make your drink more creamy, thick and healthy.