Delicious and Easy Chocolate Sandesh Recipe! I will share with you the famous Bengali sweet known as Bengali Sandesh also Sondesh. I have made it in the microwave trust me it consumes less time and cooks easily. To make this dessert is easy and you can make them at any festive occasion like Diwali Or Navratri 🙂
This recipe has an element of surprise in it. Its not the just the white sandesh but its got chocolate in it. I have added cocoa powder in it to make it look colorful and even kids can enjoy it. This recipe is instant and not fussy to make like other sweets. They can be stored in the refrigerator easily on the occasion of Diwali and other festivals as well.
I have made cottage cheese at home. Take one ltr milk boil it. Once it reaches boiling point add 1 lime juice. The milk will start to cuddle. Keep the milk aside for 5 mins. Strain the whey on a linen cloth. Discard the whey. Place a heavy stone or weight over the collected milk residue. Now use your cottage cheese after 2 hours. Ensure it has no moisture.
Sandesh is made in various shapes and sizes. Also many times Of sandesh are made like fruit sandesh, dry fruit sandesh etc.
If you looking for more festive sweets then do check coconut ladoo, motichur ladoo, besan ladoo, kalalkand barfi, sweet shankarpali, phirni recipe, gulab jamun, ragi ladoo, mohanthal recipe.
Chocolate Sandesh recipe details and printable version below:
- 250 gms Cottage Cheese
- 100 gms Powdered Sugar
- ¼ t/s cardamom powder (optional)
- 1 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp milk powder
- 2 tbsp Desiccated Coconut Powder for coating sandesh (optional)
- Firstly take a nice clean bowl than crumble Cottage Cheese with your fingers. Now add powdered sugar and knead until the mixture is smooth.
- Add Cocoa powder and all the rest of ingredients.
- Microwave on high power about 100 degrees for 2 mins. Let the mixture cool and divide into 8 portions and now roll them into 8 balls evenly. Alternatively you could heat on a wide bottomed pan if not using microwave.
- Now roll these balls into desiccated coconut and the Sandesh are ready to serve. Chill and serve this great dessert during diwali to your family, friends and loved ones.
should i just do this four different times? or multiply the recipe?
I need at least 28..
Thanks for your help.
Macey you can double up the quantity also the quantity depends on what size and shape you making.
Macey Sheridan says
I am making Sandesh for my classmates at school. I need to make about 28 pieces and I think your method of microwaving would be easiest, but I need to make plain Sandesh, and I have found several different recipes so i’m just a little confused. Do you have to use the cocoa powder? Thanks!
Hey Macey I have used the cocoa powder for 2 different colors. If you just want plain Sandesh don’t use cocoa pwoder. All the best do write if you have any doubts. Good Luck 🙂
I live abroad and the paneer we get at the indian store is very very firm. SHould I be using this paneer in your recipe, or use what they sell as cottage cheese in regular super markets in USA?
If the cottage cheese is soft in USA markets you can go ahead and use that Or make paneer home instead.