Easy Custard Apple icecream! Custard Apples are also known as Sitaphal in India. This Custard Apple Icecream is so easy to make. I have adapted this recipe from vegrecipesofindia.com. from Dassana’s blog. Quite a unique way to make these healthy Custard Apple Icecream :)….I have just tweaked this recipe a bit I haven’t used sugar instead used grated jaggery and added my favorite vanilla powder. Lemme tell you this Custard Apple Icecream is healthy, sugar free, nutritious, delicious and you can eat them guilt free 😉
I missed my sister a lot I will surely make for her this! I made this yesterday evening and couldn’t wait. I just opened my freezer early morning and had my Custard Apple Icecream as breakfast lols…… I am a freak when it comes to icecream that too low cal one.
You could add sugar if you don’t have jaggery Or could also use sweetened condensed milk. Even this will taste good for the original recipe you could visit vegrecipesofindia.com straightaway. I have pour the batter into my moulds directly as I wanted them that way
So that my icecream looks more presentable, photogenic and tempting. I love to decorate my desserts with possibly anything I have home. May be flowers, cherries, chocolate cause, candies, toasted coconut, choco chips, cakes, leaves and my list will go on. Hope these decorative tips help you guys 🙂
Just want to say custard apples are great for human body. So don’t wait go to market buy them and eat them Or make milkshakes, icecreams etc. Let’s start making this Custard Apple Icecream.
Custard Apple Icecream below:
- 2 cups custard apple pulp
- 2.5 cups milk at room temperature (boiled and cooled)
- 1.5 cups marie biscuit crushed Or powdered
- 5 tbsp grated jaggery / milkmaid
- 2 tbsp vanilla powder (optional)
- Firstly remove the seeds of custard apples. This would take about 20 mins. One heavy task to do rest is simple.
- Combine custard apple pulp, crushed marie biscuits, milk, grated jaggery/milkmaid and vanilla powder. Grind all into a processor until mixture is smooth and uniform.
- Just check the sweetness if more sweeter required add little jaggery/milkmaid. Pour the batter into desired moulds and keep int the freezer to set.
- Once firm your Custard Apple Icecream is ready. My icecream was soft, supple, creamy, thick with great texture. However if you want your icecream more softer whip them with a beater and set them into freezer again.
- I am too impatient to follow the softening process.