What do you get when you mix bananas + flour + some spices = Banana fritters Recipe. Perfect to eat them in rains with hot cup of tea 🙂 I have eaten banana fritters in my childhood a lot as mom used to make them for us. Usually eggs are added in the batter but I have made an eggless version of banana fritters which tasted equally amazing.
Now I have made Eggless Banana Fritters with a twist guess what’s the secret ingredient it’s red chili powder. When you eat the fritters you will get a sweet and spicy taste both. It gives a nice hit something different to try.
You always have an option to go the safe way by discarding any hot spice. Especially when you making for kids. It’s better to make the sweet way then. I have a complain to rains it’s only dark and cloudy in Pune and no rains…. Rains please shower a lot we need you every bit out here.
Generally these banana fritters are deep fried. I have shallow fried them for consumption of less oil and made them more healthy 😉
Eggless Banana Fritters recipe and the printable version below:
- 3 medium sized ripe bananas
- 2 tbsp sugar (optional)
- 1.5 tbsp milk
- 4 tbsp wheat flour
- 1 tbsp vanilla powder Or 1 tbsp green cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp red chili powder (optional)
- 2 tbsp oil for shallow frying
- a pinch of salt
- Combine all ingredients into a mixing bowl except oil. Mash the bananas and mix with your fingers until smooth-thick batter formed.
- Ensure the batter shouldn’t be too thin Or too thick. If the batter is thin add little flour and if too thick and little milk.
- Take a frying pan to shallow fry. Add oil to it. Place on high heat. Once oil is hot reduce heat.
- Use an ice-cream scooper to drop the batter into the pan. Once you scoop out the batter press from behind the scooper to slightly flatten the balls.
- Fry the until golden brown and slightly crisp from outside. Ensure you fry both the sides. Be careful while turning them over. Else they might break. Handle with lots of love and care.
- Place them on paper napkins to absorb excess oil on it. Serve hot with tea Or coffee.
2.Shallow fry them on medium fire.
3.You could also add a dash of nuts Or 1 tbsp desiccated coconut to make them more richer.
4.Allow one side to fry properly then flip them over other side. This is crucial else the fritters might break.
5.You could add sugar if you like sweeter. Also you could dip the fritters in sugar and fry. This would give a nice caramel flavor and sweetness to the fritters. Kids will love them.