Cakes …………. Pastries …………… Desserts are all yummy I just go latoo … fida over them. By the way I tried my first attempt on baking Eggless Chocolate Chip Cake and was simply glorified with the Eggless Choco Chip Cake….. Hmmmm tasty, healthy and just out of the world. Great confidence built up for beginners like me.
The best part of Eggless Choco Chip Cake is its done in jiffy minutes also it gets over in jiffy minutes ! … ha ha
I just don’t like egg flavor or odour in cakes but have to eat because its someones birthday or some occassion :(……. I always wanted to try my hands at eggless cakes and I am really happy eating Eggless Choco Chip Cake and it was a super duper hit 🙂
Eggless Choco Chip Cake is moist, great texture awesome taste…. Mine got over the first time I made wasn’t even able to click snaps lols!. I made the second Eggless Choco Chip Cake cake when nobody was in my house. I am heart filled content and glad to share this Eggless Choco Chip Cake recipe with you.
I am thankful to my sister for letting me know flaxseeds are great replacement for eggs. I was really happy with flaxseeds as flaxseeds are rich source of calcium,vitamins, protiens and can be substituted for eggs. You can use the following proportion for replacement of eggs.
1 egg = 1 tbsp flaxseed + 3 tbsp water
2 eggs = 2 tbsp flaxseed + 6 tbsp water
3 eggs =3 tbsp flaxseed +9 tbsp water
4 eggs = 4 tbsp flaxseed + 12 tbsp water
How to make flaxseed paste?
Its quite simple you take flaxseed in a grinder make a fine powder and mix with water. Let it rest for 5 mins OR like me you can simply mix flaxseed with water.
Form a fine paste and than use the flaxseed paste.
I can’t wait to share my Eggless Choco Chip Cake Recipe with you which I got from My Microwave Recipe Booklet and I am thankful to it. The only difference is they have used eggs and I have used flaxseed instead of eggs and some dry fruits.
Preparation time : 10 mins (5 mins to make + 5 mins to cook in the Microwave)
Serve – 4 to 5 People
- 11 t/s Maida or 3/4 cup Maida(Refined Flour)
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil + 1 tbsp Butter Or Margarine (use 3 tbsp vegetable oil or as I have used)
- 4 tbsp Icing Sugar( I used Demerara Sugar)
- 3 tbsp Cooking Chocolate Or Cadbury Milk Chocolate OR Choco Chips (I used Chocochips)
- 2 tbsp Condensed Milk
- 2 tbsp Flaxseed + 6 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp Milk
- 1/2 t/s Salt
- 1 t/s Baking Powder
- Few drops of Vanilla essence OR Grounded Cardamom Powder
- 6 to 7 Walnuts chopped (optional)
- 8 to 10 Cashews chopped (optional)
You can make this cake in a microwave bowl, tin or cannister you can even make this Eggless Choco Chip Cake in a coffeen can or coffee cup. The best part is it takes only 5 mins and your cake is ready.
Firstly grease the desired microwave bowl and grease with butter or cooking spray on it.
Take a mixing bowl and mix Maida, Icing Sugar or Demerara Sugar, Baking powder, Salt.
Add 1 tbsp of chocolate slab or chips or cadbury chocolate and keep the rest chocolate to add later. Mix the above ingredients well ensuring there are no lumps.
Add flaxseed paste, milk maid, milk, essence in the dry ingredients and use electric beater or in a grinder to form a smooth paste.
Take the greased baking pan OR bowl add chopped walnuts, cashewnuts and the remaining chocolate chips to it. Now add the cake mixture to the greased pan Or bowl.Now place the pan into the Microwave Mode on full power for 3 to 4 mins.
Just keep checking your cake It will start giving you fragrance once starts baking. Insert a toothpick in the center when comes out clean your Eggless Choco Chip Cake is ready.
Turn the cake upside down be careful else your hand will burn. Let it cool down than slice it OR you can have them hot as My cake got over as soon out from Oven.
Do try this wonderful Eggless Choco Chip Cake Recipe!
- Its very important to take the right proportions for cakes be it any kind. If the proportion of baking powder, Maida , sugar increases or decreases it may spoil your cake so be careful.
- The baking instructions can differ from Oven to Oven so its better you keep checking your cake and know your oven speed.
- Please bear in mind when you make cakes in Microwave mode it has to be slightly watery consistency for moist cakes also add sugar how much you want not as per the recipe.
- Keep baking and you will soon learn the No’s and Yes and the If’s and But’s of cake ………….. Till than Happy Baking and Keep Eatings 🙂 lols