No Butter Eggless Fruit Cake Recipe with stepwise instructions. Christmas is far so what we could still celebrate any day baking a fruit cake. Live life for today as if there is no tomorrow 🙂 I am like that I give my 100 % be it work, life, emotion’s or enjoyment so that I have no regrets later. Live life to the fullest.
This recipe is easy with no butter and added sugar. Since I have used condensed milk there is no need to add sugar. Also condensed milk acts a replacement for eggs along with baking powder. So it’s great for people who are allergic to eggs. Instead of butter have used olive oil.
The result is crunchy exterior but a soft and smooth cake from the interior. I have added glazed cherries, raisin, dry fig and tutti frutti (sweet dried candied papaya). But you could add any fruit like dried apricot, peaches and also nuts.
Fruit cake is also made with rum but this has no liquor. I would post soon fruit cake with rum both the version. Kids would love this you could give them also a quick snack for tiffin or snack with tea.
Sadly at my house, my hubby isn’t fond of fruit cakes that much. Plain flavors like vanilla, pineapple etc are loved in my house. However, I am just opposite I like all flavors be it vanilla or chocolate or fruit cake.
Let’s make Eggless fruit Cake stepwise:
Eggless Fruit cake and printable recipe below.
- 150 gm flour
- 75 ml olive oil or butter ( I used olive oil)
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 150 gm sweetened condensed milk or as required ( I used amul mithai mate)
- 2 tbsp raisin black or green raisin
- 1.5 tbsp tutti frutti or candied papaya
- 1 tbsp chopped apricot
- 2 dry fig chopped finely
- 1 tbsp glazed cherries chopped + 7-8 more glazed cherries to add on top
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tsp nutmeg powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tbsp sugar to sprinkle on top of the cake batter
- small or medium baking pan of any shape (I have used flower shaped pan)
- Firstly grease your pan then dust some flour and place aside. Alternatively you could use a parchment or baking paper. I haven't used baking paper as greasing and dusting the pan work's absolutely fine with me.
- Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and corn flour.
- Take the candied fruit in the bowl. Add a tbsp of flour and just toss them. Ensure its coated with the flour. Keep them aside. This process helps them not to sink to the bottom of the cake.
- Mix condensed milk and oil. Just manually beat them until they combined.
- Fold in sifted dry ingredients into 2 batches. Don't over mix the batter.
- Lastly add the coated fruit and gently fold.
- Pour batter into the greased pan. Top with glazed cherries. Also sprinkle some sugar all over the cake. This aids in yielding a crusty cake however it's optional.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180ºC for 30-35 min or until the skewer comes out dry.
- Allow to cool and gently unmould the cake. Slice the cake and serve them warm or chilled.
- Slice and place them into an air-tight container. Keep in the fridge should last upto 4-5 days.
2.Don't over bake or under bake this cake.
3.Use your choice of candied fruits like dry apricots, peaches or dry fruits.
4.Sugar isn't required as we have used sweetened condensed milk.