I am very happy as I attempted to bake Ginger Cookies! My sis loves them whenever she is out she will buy ginger cookies. So I thought of making these Eggless Ginger Cookies for her :)…. She is not here but when I meet her next I will carry these Ginger Cookies as goodies for her!…… Well to be honest the ginger cookies turned out soft, neat and full of ginger aroma and flavor. Loved them will surely try them again.
My dad loved these Ginger Cookies. He almost ate half of them. I haven’t used egg but if you wish you could add egg. I have added 4 tbsp cranberry juice instead of egg. The secret of making cookies are please don’t overbake them unless you want hard cookies.
The best part of this Ginger Cookies are they are sugar free. I have utilized jaggery instead of sugar. Hence these are more healthier cookies. So lets proceed in making yum yum Ginger Cookies 🙂
Eggless Ginger Cookies Recipe and the printable version below:
- 150 ml olive oil
- 150 gms jaggery
- 4 tbsp hot boiling water
- 6 tbsp hot milk
- 300 gms flour (I used 150 gms refined flour and 150 gms wheat flour)
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 2 t/s baking powder
- 1 inch fresh ginger juice
- 3 tbsp ground ginger powder
- 1 t/s salt
- 4 tbsp cranberry juice / 1 egg
- Preheat oven at 160°C ten mins before baking. Grease the tray Or pan with oil.
- Firstly grate ginger and squeeze the pulp. Extract the juice and keep aside.
- Sift all dry ingredients (flour, cornflour, ground ginger, salt and baking powder).
- Take a microwave bowl and combine milk, olive oil, water and grated jaggery. Microwave for 2 mins on high power. Mix all well until all blend well.
- Make a small well into dry ingredients. Slowly add warm jaggery mixture. Also add cranberry juice. Mix all nicely kneading into a dough. Finally add ginger juice. If the dough is too sticky add little water and oil.
- Keep this dough into freezer for 15 mins. Remove the dough from the fridge. Form the dough into small balls. It should be about 1 inch width. It should make around 20-25 balls.
- Flatten these balls with your hand. You can create various patterns on the cookies. I have explained in detail below.
- Place these balls into greased pan. Bake at 160°C for 10-12 mins. Kindly don’t overbake them. When you remove the cookies. Initially it would be soft but later it will firm up once cools down. Keep them in airtight container.
- Your Ginger Cookies is ready. Eat them with a cup of tea.