Marble Coconut Cake Recipe –… The texture of this cake is similar to a pudding cake. Coconut Marble Cake is soft, supple, moist and looks beautiful. The taste of this Coconut Marble Cake is amazing it just melts in your mouth. I have used some secret ingredients for this cake. Don’t worry will share them soon. I am very happy with the outcome of this Coconut Marble Cake 🙂
Just wanted to try something new. This is my innovation called Coconut Marble Cake….. Quite unusual but I have used thin coconut milk instead of thick coconut milk. Now let me explain you there are two kinds of coconut milk Thick coconut milk and Thin coconut milk. Next question would be how would you differentiate between them. Let me answer you first grate fresh coconut. Take the fresh grated coconut grind into a processor with little water. Take a mesh strainer and extract the milk Or squeeze with your hand and strain the coconut on strainer. This is your thick coconut milk.
Now take the leftover coconut pulp and grind into the processor with /2 cup water. Again squeeze on the strainer and extract the milk. This would be your thin coconut milk. I have used thin coconut milk as I utilized thick coconut milk for my previous cakes ;)… but don’t bog down if you don’t have thin coconut milk. Just mix 1 cup water to 1 cup thick coconut milk. You can use this for your cake now.
I don’t like using colors for my food. So I have used 2 different fruit flavors for this lovely cake. One is custard apple squash and other is keep guessing hmmm it’s nothing but strawberry squash. So that’s how I got my white and pink color lols 🙂
Be careful about sugar as my squash was sweetened hence I added less sugar.
The printable version below:
- 2.5 cups thin coconut milk
- ½ cup milk powder
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 4 tbsp vanilla powder
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar Or as sweetness required
- 1 tbsp salt
- 3 tbsp corn flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract Or essence
- 2 tbsp olive oil/butter/coconut oil
- 10 to 12 almonds crushed
- 10 to 12 walnuts crushed
- 10 to 12 cashewnuts crushed
- 3 tbsp custard apple squash
- 3 tbsp strawberry squash
- Preheat oven at 180°C exactly 10 mins before baking. Grease the pan with olive oil Or butter just at the bottom not at the sides. Place a butter paper Or parchment paper at the bottom.
- Sift flour, corn flour, salt, milk powder, vanilla powder, baking powder. Keep it aside.
- Cream butter and coconut oil / sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and beat until all combines well.
- Now add thin coconut milk into it. Beat all well on medium speed.
- Mix dry with wet ingredients gradually. This mixture would be slightly thin than the normal cake consistency. So please don't add more flour to it. Also add vanilla essence and dry fruits.
- Now divide this mixture into 70% and 30%. Add custard apple squash to 70% and beat well.
- Combine strawberry squash to the 30% one.
- Now gently pour the white batter on the greased pan. Take a spoon and pour the pink batter gently into a swirl shape. You could also use a piping bag. I just took help of spoon and made some patterns on my cake.
- Bake at 180°C for about 40 to 45 mins Or until it starts leaving the edges of pan Or until skewer comes out clean.
- There is no need of frosting as the cake tastes and looks elegant by itself.