Detox yourself with this refreshing Detox Fruit and vegetable juice. Any guesses what could be the fruits and vegetable in this drink. Lemme tell you this classic Fruit and vegetable juice consist of Amla (Indian Gooseberry), Beetroot, Carrot, Mint, Spinach, Ginger and Lime juice. Also instead of sugar I have used jaggery for better health benefits.
We always hear doctor Or dietitian telling us to consume greens and fruits in our daily diet. Most of us miss on these food hence I thought of coming up with a drink which benefits us daily. Also we can be guilt free at the same time have the required dose daily. Specially for women this drink is beneficial 😉 to meet our iron, calcium and energy levels in our body 😉
Carrot gives carotene, beetroot gives us iron, spinach gives iron and vitamins, amla provides us with antioxidants and vitamin C. Plus mint gives us required medicinal benefits and aids in healing stomach. Lime juice and ginger juice adds on to the nutritive value of this drink.
The other important factor is in todays busy life. It’s not possible for us to make a juice of it on a daily basis. After pondering a lot thought of making a juice which can be stored for a longer time. So this is my take on Fruit and Vegetable Juice which had dual purpose you could drink like a daily juice Or sip it like fruit sherbet / syrup 🙂 sounds good. I was quite confused as what to name this drink as syrup, squash Or juice?
Enjoy Fruit and Vegetable Juice and tThe printable version below:
- 250 gms fresh amla (Indian Gooseberry)
- 1 bunch of fresh spinach leaves (250 gms)
- 4 carrot
- 3 beetroot
- 1 bunch of fresh mint leaves (250 gms)
- ½ lime juice
- 1 inch ginger juice
- 250 gms jaggery grated
- black salt as per taste
- Pressure cook amla for only a whistle. Now discard the seeds and chop them into cubes. Grind them into a processor with little water. Sieve this mixture through a siever Or a muslin cloth. Collect the juice and discard the pulp.
- Boil carrot, beetroot in a different container Or vessel. Don't boil them together else carrots will be drenched in beetroot. Boil them until little tender don't boil them too much. Peel their skin and chop them into cubes. Keep them separately.
- Now grind chopped carrot and beetroot separately with some water until smooth puree formed. Strain this mixture collect the juice and discard the pulp. It's okay if you combine carrot+beetroot juice at this point of time.
- Blanch spinach leaves and immediately place them in cold water to retain it's green color. Grind with little water into a processor until smooth paste formed. Sieve this mixture collect the juice and discard the pulp.
- Take fresh mint discard the stem and grind the leaves with few drop of lime juice. Strain the mixture and discard the pulp.
- Combine all the juice into a mixing vessel. Grate ginger and squeeze the juice mix it in the juice. Also add lime juice and black salt. Give it a nice stir. If you feel the juice has yet some pulp please sieve the juice again.
- Lastly take a saucepan add grated jaggery with 2 tbsp water. Give it a nice whisk and strain this mixture as it might contain impurities. Combine the strained mixture to the juice.
- Store this juice into bottles with tight lid into a fridge. Now have them daily.
2.The process takes a longer time but it's worth it.
3.You could add sugar if jaggery isn't available.
4.I have this daily like squash some syrup some water with chilled ice cubes.
5.It's important to ensure you boil all the veggies separately and grind them respectively