Goan Prawn Fry recipe – made with basic ingredients easily found in your kitchen. ! One of my hot favorite and I am sure your’s too! They not only look yum but they taste super yum. Goan Prawn Fry is You can eat this as breakfast, brunch, lunch, side starter Or just eat like that. I don’t look for any time I just pop these Prawns Fry in my mouth!……. again courtesy my mom 🙂
There are a lot of variations to fry prawns in Goa itself …….. some add wet paste, some add dry paste and marinate prawns and fry. I like all ways as I love fish fry 🙂 ………..
My cousin loves Prawns fry and she drools over it. After seeing this post I am sure she will be swayed away to eat them. My mom, dad, my pet in short all of us love fish fry.
You can club these yum Prawns Fry with bread, rotis, rice, curries Or vegetables. Also you could club this with stew Or salads. My mom simply fries rice into these fried prawns. It’s simply superb I have taken these prawns rice in my lunch box while in school.
How to make Goan Prawn Fry recipe step by step :
1. Firstly clean prawns remove their spine (black thread) and keep aside. Combine turmeric, red chili powder, salt and vinegar. Form paste with a spoon Or finger. I don’t have a pic for this one.
2. Rub the mixed paste on the clean prawns. Marinate for 15 to 30 mins.
3. Take oil in pan. Keep heat on low mode. Once oil is hot add prawns to it and shallow fry them.
4. Fry until golden orangish brown from both sides. Keep the heat on low Or medium mode.
5. Your Prawns Fry Goan is ready. Dab some tissue paper to absorb excess oil.
6. Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve Goan Prawns hot teamed with rice or pav.
If you are looking for more goan recipes then do check goan shark fry, goan pomfret recheado, raw banana fry, dry shrimp curry with raw mango, mandeli curry, mandeli fry, dry clams, shark fry, fish ambotik curry, fresh bombay duck curry and crab curry.
Goan Prawn Fry recipe card below:
- 250 gms fresh cleaned prawns
- 5 tbsp oil
- 1 t/s haldi
- 2 tbsp red chili powder
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- salt as per taste
- few coriander leaves for garnishing
- Firstly clean prawns remove their spine (black thread) and keep aside. Combine turmeric, red chili powder, salt and vinegar. Form paste with a spoon Or finger. I don't have a pic for this one.
- Rub the mixed paste on the clean prawns. Marinate for 15 to 30 mins.
- Take oil in pan. Keep heat on low mode. Once oil is hot add prawns to it and shallow fry them.
- Fry until golden orangish brown from both sides. Keep the heat on low Or medium mode.
- Your Prawns Fry Goan is ready. Dab some tissue paper to absorb excess oil.
- Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot.
Hello.. can I know which vinegar u used?
Sharon you can use Goan coconut vinegar, apple cider vinegar or any vinegar.
It’s soo easy n very delicious ? wowwww
Donna DeCoste says
Is there a sauce that could be used as a dip
Donna we eat them as it is along with bread but you could eat with green chutney, tartar sauce or even with cheesy dip. Hope this helps you.
Rajveer Singh says
Thank you soo much maria.. nd for this recipe only one word.. D.E.L.I.C.I.O.U.S 🙂
You are welcome Rajveer thanks for trying 🙂
Thank you soooooo much maria.. 🙂 One word D.E.L.I.C.I.O.U.S
Thank you soooooo much maria…. nly one word…. D.E.L.I.C.I.O.U.S
At first I thought these are fried Potatoes, a closer look told me its prawn. I am vegetarian but the look of it was so tempting that I had to leave this comment.. your pictures were so compelling you see 🙂
Thanks Nupur 🙂
Hi Maria – another winning recipe, made and served these prawns at lunch – was an instant hit with family!
Love the ease of making your recipes.
Could u pls post a prawn balchao ?TKs
Thanks sharmistha for trying them I am happy your family love dit ………….. Sure Prawns Balchao will come soon but gimme sme time for it as I am travelling right now take care have great weekend!
Hi Maria…. Really interesting site …simple recipes – yet with loads of flavour! Thanks. Enjoying cooking them. Have to confess that though being Goan didnt know how to make quite a few of the dishes. Could you please post the recipe for prawn Xec Xec?
Thanks a ton :)…….. Prawn Xec Xec is normally made at my mom’s house. I have shifted to Pune and you don’t get fresh fish as Mumbai. So you will have to give me some time until I get hold of nice fresh prawns for Prawns Xec Xec. Take care and will soon update you on the same.
HMMMMMMMM THANKU ITS REALY DELICIOUS
Thanks Sunnia 🙂
Hey very yummy Xavier…..
Goan food is yummy! Will we see sorpotel, goa sausages, prawn balchao next?
Thanks for coming here…… will try to post them soon 🙂