Thought ever to make Pizza Sauce from Fresh Tomatoes. Homemade Pizza Sauce with Fresh Tomatoesis fresh, healthy, no preservatives, tasty and make as much as you want. Have made a lot of time Homemade Pizza Sauce with Fresh Tomatoes at home so thought this time to share withe everyone.
The best part is no need of blanching Or boiling tomatoes. Just grind them and put them on stove pan with some herbs and your Homemade Pizza Sauce with Fresh Tomatoes is ready!
It’s better to make them home as you know what products you are using? the hygiene factor and the fact that there are no preservatives. Most important you can make them as much as you want and store in fridge for future use. Such is the beauty of making fresh sauce home? so what you waiting for common don’t be lazy make them home soon!
In fact you can take help from kids to make this sauce home as they would love to help. Because kids love pizzas so the pizza sauce 😉
- 6 to 8 medium sized tomatoes chopped into cubes
- 6 to 7 garlic cloves shopped finely
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp black pepper powder
- 2 tbsp fresh herbs Or dried herbs ( parsley, coriander, cilantro, rosemary, thyme, basil, sage, etc)
- black salt Or salt as per taste
- 1 tbsp red chili powder (optional)
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 1 tbsp butter
- Grind tomatoes into a processor until smooth puree formed. Please don't add water as we want thick puree.
- Take a wide bottomed sauce pan. Add butter place on low heat. Put the chopped garlic. Saute them for 30 secs.
- Now add tomato puree to it. Give a nice stir. Simmer for 5 to 6 mins on medium flame. Keep stirring in between.
- Take some hot mixture from the pan and corn flour to it. Give a nice whisk the mixture should be smooth. Pour this mixture to the boiling pan.
- By now the sauce should start getting thicker. Add sugar, salt and chili powder is using for seasoning. Lastly add herbs. Check how thick you want your sauce. You can keep some more time on heat if you want a thicker sauce.
- Switch off the gas and allow the sauce to cool down. Your Homemade Pizza Sauce with Fresh Tomatoes is ready. Spread them on your pizza bread with your favorite toppings.
- Use fresh tomatoes preferably.
- You can add red chili powder if you want some kick and spice in your sauce. I actually added a tbsp of red chili powder as it gives a richer color to your sauce.
- Ensure heat is on medium mode while making the sauce.
- Store into an airtight container Or bottle and place in the fridge for future use.
- Enjoy Homemade Pizza Sauce with Fresh Tomatoes!
2. You can add red chili powder if you want some kick and spice in your sauce. I actually added a tbsp of red chili powder as it gives a richer color to your sauce.
3. Ensure heat is on medium mode while making the sauce.
4. Store into an airtight container Or bottle and place in the fridge for future use.
Tom Williams says
2 tbsp of pepper seemed a bit much but very tasty
Does the sauce end up with the seeds & skin in it?
Lauren you could strain the pulp if worried about seeds. Once you grind the skin it ideally shouldn’t show up.
Courtney Miller says
Holy cow this is good. A whole tablespoon of chili peppers is a LOT though. I only put in about half and it’s still pretty spicy, which is fine for me but may be too much for some.
Thanks for this recipe!
Thanks Courtney you could reduce the spice yes I agree all don’t like spicy stuff 🙂
nice aromatic sauce..i think even basil is predominantly used in the pizza sauce..
Yes basil is used however you could use any herb which is readily available 🙂