Kheere Ka Raita is nothing but Cucumber Salad Or Raita with yogurt. In India Cucumber is referred to as kakdi Or kheera. Also salad is referred as kachumber Or raita Or koshimbir in India. Kheere Ka Raita is quite popular and made in almost all homes out here. Kakdi Koshimbir can be made in Indian style as well as international style. It entirely depends what ingredients you add in the salad. Again I am quite happy to share this with everyone. This Kheere Ka Raita is healthy, light, refreshing, cool, yummy and most important easy to make 🙂
We had a lot of cucumber home. Also its getting a little hot in India as rains have become less. So I thought of making Kheere Ka Raita. The ingredients which goes in for salad are basic ingredients generally found in your kitchen. It’s quite easy to make even kids Or bachelors can make them. Hence I have not added step by step photos but don’t worry step by step instructions are there.
You could modify the recipe further as per your taste and preference. I have thought of generic taste and made this yummy salad!
Kheere Ka Raita recipe and the printable version below:
- 2 medium sized freshly grated cucumber
- 150 gms fresh chilled yogurt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp rock salt
- 1 tbsp chat masala
- 2 tbsp blackpepper powder
- 1 tbsp fennel seed powder (saunf powder)
- few coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp red chili powder.
- Firstly peel off cucumber skin. Grate them and keep aside.
- Take a mixing bowl combine cold yogurt, salt, sugar, rock salt, chat masala, blackpepper powder, fennel seed powder. Give a nice stir with a spoon until all blend well.
- Now add cucumber and mix well. Pour this mixture into a serving bowl. Sprinkle red chili powder and reserved fennel seed powder forming circles Or spirals on the top. Garnish with few coriander leaves.
- Keep in the fridge for 15 mins, Serve chilled along with food Or pav bhaji.
2. Also you could add green chilies if more spice required.
3. You could also use herbs like parsley, thyme, basil, rosemary Or mixed herbs.