Kala Chana Chaat can be eaten as snack Or while you on your trekking Or picnic. While travelling also you can carry Kala Chana Chaat with you. Kala Chana Chaat is tangy, spicy and tempts you to eat more. Kala Chanas are nothing but Black Gram Or Black Chickpeas.
Best part of this Kala Chana Chaat is you can eat them hot Or cold it tastes great either ways. It’s so simple to make even kids can make them. Kala Chana Chaat as starters are also great and heathy. Because for starters we generally order junk food like fried Or heavy stuffy. Comparatively this is quite healthy even kids will love them. Kala Chana Chaat is low fat, healthy and yum food.
Chaat has a special place in our heart being Indian. In India we have so many kind of chaats to explore chana jor garam, papdi chaat, bhel puri, sev puri, pani puri, ragda patties, dahi puri, fruit chaat and so on the list of chaats are endless. I am gonna come soon with my chaat recipes. So watch out
Actually I had just boiled Kala Chana. So I decided to make something snacky and whacky with them. Hence Kala Chana Chaat came into my mind. Basic ingredients goes in making this and minimal effort. Good for busy people like you and me ;)… also this is a very easy recipe so I haven’t done step by step pics for it.
- 200 gms kala chana / black gram/ black chickpeas boiled
- 1 inch ginger finely chopped
- 2 green chilies finely chopped
- 1 tomato finely chopped
- few chopped coriander leaves
- few chopped mint leaves
- 7 to 8 crushed roasted peanuts (optional)
- 2 tbsp chaat masala (I used Everest brand)
- ½ t/s asofoetida (hing)
- ½ t/s turmeric
- 1 t/s dry raw mango powder (amchur)
- 1 t/s dry pomegranate seed powder (anardana)
- 1 tbsp coriander seed powder (dhaniya)
- kala namak (black salt) as per taste
- ½ lime juice
- Soak the black chanas overnight. Pressure cook them upto 4 whistles Or until tender. Drain the water and keep aside.
- Take a mixing bowl Or polythene bag. Combine all the above ingredients except lime juice. if using mixing bowl mix them with a spoon Or your finger tips. If using polythene bag just shake for 6 to 7 times until all blends nicely.
- Now serve them on a platter or serving bowls. Taste and check if salt or spice required. Squeeze some lime juice before serving.
2. If green chilies aren't available you could use red chili powder instead.
3. If raw mangoes are available you can add them as well. It would give a nice tangy flavor.You could follow the same recipe for all your chanas / grams.
4. If green chilies aren't available you could use red chili powder instead.
5.If raw mangoes are available you can add them as well. It would give a nice tangy flavor.