We all know basic cooking but with simple Kitchen Tips – Cooking Tips we can change our lifestyle with cooking. If we use Kitchen Tips in our daily life it can bring lot of wonder and convenience to ones life. So lets start using these miraculous Kitchen Tips – Cooking Tips
Hooray I am so happy to share my moms wonderful kitchen tips- cooking tips all you guys! We all know mother has cure and remedies for almost everything in this world right…. I am sure you would agree on this! By the way many of them follow kitchen tips – cooking tips regularly in their daily life. So maintaining kitchen and cooking food becomes simpler and easier.
I used to struggle a lot for various things as a beginner but when I learned this Kitchen Tricks and Tips. It changed my life and I knew exactly what has to be done where.
Keep Ants Away:
- In Sugar Box place a (Cinnamon)Dalchini stick to avoid ants and insects. Do try this its an effective prevention for ants to keep away from sweet.
- You could also keep 3 to 4 cloves (Lavang) on the sugar box. This would also keep ants away.
- If your utensils has become too greasy, oily or sticky to wash. Squeeze lime on it and rub hardly on the greasy substance wait for a while. Now scrub with dish washer immediately all stick susbtance will come out easily.
Storage of Chilli Powder:
- If you add a pinch of Hing to Chilli Powder. It will stay and sustain for a longer period of time.
Storing Green Peas:
- Remove the green peas from the skin and preserve them in a tight polythene bag in the freezer. This will keep your Green Peas alive and healthy for along time.
Cleaning Oven and its Odour:
- Every weekend or every day post baking you could squeeze lime in some water. Add a pinch of salt to it. Now dip a cloth in this lime water mixture. Now clean it gently on the glasses and door and other ares. This if done weekly will remove bad odour in your oven also clean them.
Save Semolina from Worms:
- Once you open the packet of Rava Or Semolina. Lightly roast them on a pan on low fire. Now put them into your jar or storage box. This will curb worms or insects crawling in your Semolina completely.
Chopping Potatoes, Raw Banana and Mushrooms:
- Once you chop Potatoes, Raw Bananas or Mushrooms place them in a bowl of water. This will avoid the in discoloring of the vegetables and retain its natural color.
- Once you chop apples eat them immediately. Else you could rub some lime or salt to the exposed part of Apple and refrigerate them.
Storing Green leafy veggies:
- Once you get leafy vegetables like coriander, methi,palak or mint. Just cut their stem and store them with wrapped newspaper or an airtight polythene bad Or a damp cloth. This will keep your veggies fresh for a long time.
- Please keep Garlic flakes Or Whole Turmeric pieces where you store rice. It will keep the Insects at Bay.
- If the curry or vegetable is tasting too salty. don’t get scared just add 1 sliced tomatoes or add yoghurt or add Lime Juice. Your recipe would taste great and not salty.
Is cutting Garlic a Pain?
- Just cut the edges of Garlic with a knife. you can easily cut the garlic pods than. You could also soak Garlic in water for half an hour. The skin will easily peel off.
Are you crying while chopping Onions?
- Just wash the onions before slicing the skin will easily peel off. Cut the onion into 2 halves dip them into water for some time. Now slice the Onions without tears in your eyes 🙂
- Ensure you always boil milk on slow fire to avoid black sticky stains on your milk vessel. Also rub some oil on the edges of your vessel before boiling milk. This would avoid spilling of milk.
- Rub Lemon within your palm for 2 mins. Now squeeze the lime juice. You would notice more juice is extracted from lime OR you could microwave the lemon for a minute and queeze the juice out.
Crispy Or Soft Dosas:
- While grinding batter for Dosa add some boiled rice. This will help in making softer Dosas
- While grinding batter for Dosa add some semolina. Also before making Dosas add some more Semolina. Thsi will help in making Dosas more crispier.
- Immerse Paneer or Paneer Cubes in hot water for 5 mins. Now you would notice the Paneer will be soft to taste.
Cleaning Mushrooms and Ladies Finger(Bhendi):
- Never clean Mushrooms or Ladies Finger in running water. Instead take a clean or damp cloth to wipe the Ladies finger and Mushrooms. The reason behind wiping is both the vegetables consist lot of moisture.
- Before beating eggs add little water to the edges of the vessel. This will avoid the eggs to stick at the sides and beat well.
Making Soft Chapattis or Rotis:
- Don’t add Oil or Ghee to the flour while kneading. Just dough with water and salt. Once the chapattis are rolled just roast them from both sides. At the end if you wish you can splatter it with some ghee on both sides of chapatti. Even if you make phulkas of this water – salt dough. You will notice your chappatis or Rotis will turn softer.
- Other way is you can add slightly hot or lukewarm water while kneading the flour for soft chapattis.
- Also you can add hot milk while kneading dough. This will aslo give you softer chapattis.
Yet More Kitchen Tips – Cooking Tips to come will keep you updated with yet a lot of stuff… Keep reading!
I just saw your website this morning and instantly loved it. I have just started cooking around 6 months back at the age of 32 and have learnt everything from the Internet and I have realised I really love cooking especially the compliments I get for a dish well cooked. These tips are life savers. Thanks a million for them. Just wanted to give one feedback. I typed cabbage in the search box and did not get the recipe for a single cabbage sabji, only paratha and pakora. Plus other recipes like oats dosa came up which don’t even include cabbage. Please check on the issue as I’m sure this is a website that I’m going to visit daily from now on.
Thanks a ton,
Thankyou Wilma 🙂 actually cabbage sabzi isn’t there on my blog. I would post the cabbage sabzi soon but give me some time. Hence the search box gave you pakora and paratha. Hope this help’s you and again thankyou for your kind words 🙂
thanks Maria for ur valuable tips and recipes.keep up the good work…
Thanks Lakshmi :)..wish you a Happy Diwali!
Indeed very helpful !!!
Thanks for sharing…
I am glad you found it helpful…. U are most welcome 🙂
Nice tips Maria. I’ll try some today
Thanks do try and let me know how are they?