Want some change in your daily breakfast try these Low Fat Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins any guesses what it’s made of? hint it’s a fruit. Lemme tell you it’s made from bananas and milk. Low Fat Banana Muffins are great to have as a breakfast in morning! Moreover it’s loaded with choco chips which gives the Muffins extra crunchy flavor.
I had made extra as I knew all these goodies will get over soon. Gave some to my neighbor her son loved them. Today I packed the muffins along with hubby’s lunch box. He just called me and complimented that they were fabulous and even his colleagues thrived on them.
Until now made a lot of varieties of cake but this time I wanted to try something low fat. Hence thought of making these beautiful and healthy muffins. While you bake them you get such a lovely aroma which makes you more hungry! I will try experimenting more on muffins next time. As they are so easy to make and takes less time to bake.
Everyone knows bananas are great for body and even better to eat them in morning. I have replaced butter with clarified butter (ghee) and used only 1.5 tbsp of it. Also have made use of brown sugar which makes my muffins more healthier.
Low Fat Banana Muffins recipe and the printable version below:
- 2 eggs beaten separately
- 1.5 tbsp clarified butter (ghee)
- 200 gms flour
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 1 t/s salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp almond powder+ 1 tbsp milk powder
- seeds from one vanilla pod Or vanilla powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 2 small ripe bananas mashed
- 100 gms light brown sugar
- 100 ml milk
- some white Or dark chocolate chips ( I used the white choco chips)
- some almond flakes for decorating
- Preheat oven at 180 °C for ten mins before baking muffins. Grease the pans with clarified butter. You could use a paper baking cup alternatively.
- Sift flour, corn flour, salt, baking powder, almond powder and milk powder. Keep them aside.
- Also beat eggs separately with a beater until light and fluffy.
- Take a pan and place on low heat. Combine 50 gms sugar, milk and clarified butter in the pan. Also add the vanilla bean seeds Or vanilla powder to it. Simmer for 6 mins. Allow to cool down.
- Ensure the bananas are nicely mashed. I use my fingers to mash them. Add the mashed bananas to the vanilla-sugar-milk mixture. Also add the rest of sugar. Beat nicely for a minute.
- Add the eggs and give a nice stir. Also add the vanilla essence. Quickly fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Pour the batter on to the greased pans Or paper cups. Sprinkle choco chips on top generously also add almond flakes. Bake at 180°C in a preheated oven for about 20 mins Or until skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool then serve the muffins hot Or cold with tea Or coffee. You could add frosting however these muffins taste great by itself.
- You have to be real quick while folding the flour.
- Take almonds crush them and put them into a processor. Grind until powder is formed. Don't over grind else you will have almond butter.
- If you wish you could use whole wheat flour to make it more healthier.
2.Take almonds crush them and put them into a processor. Grind until powder is formed. Don't over grind else you will have almond butter.
3.If you wish you could use whole wheat flour to make it more healthier.
Can you also post while wheat plain and chocolate muffins (with eggs please)
Sure Tejashree allow me some time please. Have taken your request for whole wheat chocolate muffins 🙂 with egg thanks.
Very good repices.
Thanks a ton Nanda 🙂 hugs to you also..
Hi maria .this looks awesome. I have to try this. Can you let me know where we can get this choco chips in mumbai
Karen where do you stay in Mumbai as choco chips are available in a shop near Ic Bakery at IC colony Borivali West and easily available in many shops at Crawford Market (near fruits section) at Marinelines. Hope this helps you 🙂
nice baked goodies loved the pics..thanks for sharing Maria..
You are welcome Suhani 🙂 do try them for sure!