Looking at the photos can you guess which dish is this? Keep guessing! This time for Christmas make Custard with Custard Powder at home with loads of dryfruits. Custard tastes amazing and you need to eat to experience it so just don’t read make this yummy custard at home. To Make Custard with Custard Powder is very easy and its eggless too. This Dryfruit Custard with custard powder has some twist to it I have made pomegranate cashew cream as a topping which also tastes equally great 😉
I love dryfuits so I keep adding them in cakes, desserts, sweets, pudding Or custards. I am a crazy person and I love being one. The best part was I just handed a bowl of custard to my hubby he ate all of them and really loved it. He had a heavy dinner else he might have eaten one more bowl. today I made potato-french bean vegetable with pooris and brinjal fry. I had my dinner at 7.30 much before as I just can’t resist to eat pooris they are my favorite. There are very few food items in this world which aren’t my favorite.
Just two weeks more for this year to end. Time is really passing by too fast. Today I was finding very difficult to select photos for custard as most of the pics were good. Hence there are some more pics than my normal post.
Pune has got chills and its increasing. I love winter as I love to eat and sip hot drinks like soup, herbal tea, black tea and food what you were thinking? Now I just don’t like hot food I also love to eat cold stuff like kulfis, icecream, faloodas and custard during winter. Guess just another excuse from a foodie.
Dryfruit custard recipe and printable version below:
- Firstly chop all dry fruits and keep ready. Place milk on a heavy bottomed pan on slow heat. Once milk starts boiling take some hot milk in a mixing bowl. Add custard powder to it and mix nicely.
2. Add the custard – milk mixture to boiling milk. Stir all nicely the mixture should be lump free. Put sugar and keep stirring.
3. The milk will start thickening after some time. Add salt and chopped dryfruits. Combine all nicely. It’s important to keep stirring else it might stick to the bottom.
4. Once milk thickens switch off the gas and remove from fire. Allow to cool down. Pour the lukewarm custard over the moulds. Chill in the fridge for 3 hours Or once set. Meanwhile let’s make our cashew pomegranate cream. Combine blanched cashewnuts + pomegranate seed + sugar into a processor. Grind until smooth mixture is formed. Your topping is ready. Once custard is set top this cream over the custard and serve chilled. Garnish with few pomegranate seeds.
Serve your dry fruit custard chilled.
Dryfruit custard recipe and printable version below:
- 1 ltr full cream milk which is boiled earlier
- 6 tbsp organic sugar / sugar ( I prefer less sugar and I used organic sugar)
- 1 t/s salt
- 3 tbsp heaped vanilla custard powder of any good brand
- 16 to 18 crushed Or chopped almonds
- 16 to 18 cashew nuts crushed Or chopped
- 10 to 12 pistachios chopped
- 6 to 8 dried apricot chopped
- 2 to 3 dried figs chopped
- Cashew Pomegranate Cream (optional)
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 14 to 15 cashewnuts soaked in hot water for 20 mins
- 3 tbsp organic sugar / sugar
- Firstly chop all dry fruits and keep ready. Place milk on a heavy bottomed pan on slow heat. Once milk starts boiling take
- some hot milk in a mixing bowl. Add custard powder to it and mix nicely.
- Add the custard - milk mixture to boiling milk. Stir all nicely the mixture should be lump free. Put sugar and keep stirring.
- The milk will start thickening after some time. Add salt and chopped dryfruits. Combine all nicely. It's important to keep
- stirring else it might stick to the bottom.
- Once milk thickens switch off the gas and remove from fire. Allow to cool down. Pour the lukewarm custard over the moulds.
- Chill in the fridge for 3 hours Or once set.
- Meanwhile let's make our cashew pomegranate cream. Combine blanched cashewnuts + pomegranate seed + sugar into a processor.
- Grind until smooth mixture is formed. Your topping is ready. Once custard is set top this cream over the custard and serve
- chilled. Garnish with few pomegranate seeds.
Kiran @ KiranTarun.com says
I’m a huge believer that it makes perfect sense to use custard powder, especially when I need a quick and delicious dessert!
That’s true Kiran I eat custard made with custard powder since a child 🙂
Any time Maria, Advance wishes for Happy Christmas Day and New yr from my end to you & Family.
Do introduce us with new recipes:D
Thanks Raji I will surely update you soon 🙂 take care and happy New year to you and your loved ones 😉
Hey thanks for sharing recipe, i tried this today and guess what mum loved it so much , and it came in really nice flavory dish……I must admit, it came really nice, im, gonna do it again and again.
Thanks a ton Raji for trying the recipe I am glad you liked it 🙂
Suzanne Perazzini says
When I lived with my parents growing up we often had custard made from custard powder because it was so easy and I always loved it. But I haven’t had it in years. You have made it seem inviting all over again and those photos are lovely.
I am happy Suzanne to remind your childhood memories 🙂
Wishing you both a Very Happy 1st Anniversary. Enjoy your day, take care and make it special
Thanks Sunita 🙂
Awesome pics. I make the regular custard with simple toppings. This pomegranate cashew cream topping is a great twist. I loved ur recipe. I will sure try this:)
Thanks Rupal do try them and lemme know how was it?
What a beautiful recipe darling, seriously Maria, if ur blog would not have been there, then what would Sunita do. Its not a joke I am serious. I am so upset my hubby again had an accident yesterday and hurt his leg badly. since I have all the ingredients ready, I will make this for him.
So, what are you doing on Monday, I will hear it on Tuesday.
Thanks for the compliment Sunita 🙂 take care of your hubby sad to know that (: yeah will let you know