Welcome Summers by eating Malai Kulfi 🙂 Malai Kulfi made instantly at home. I can eat them any season. In childhood days, mom used to take me and sis to Girgaon Chowpatty Mumbai. There we used to eat kulfis served with falooda.
For some reason, I used to just eat kulfi and no falooda till date I just enjoy kulfi but not with falooda. Also, we used to enjoy pio wala who use to sell kulfis on a leaf. Hmm was missing kulfis hence made a home that too of 3 different kinds one malai kulfi, second pistachio kulfi and third paan kulfi.
I have posted a few recipes of kulfis on my blog. But this kulfi is special why? I’ll reply because Malai Kulfi is made instantly, easy to make, no fuss of cooking for a long time, no complication and result are yummy kulfi. Traditional kulfis are made without condensed milk and modern kulfis are made with condensed milk so mine is modern one.
As I a child I used to think what is the difference between kulfi v/s icecream.But now I know icecream is churned, icecream maker Or eggs are used for icecream. Whereas kulfis are made with full cream milk it’s cooked until thick and reduced. Later sugar, nuts, saffron, rose water etc are added to make it more richer. Hope you are clear with the difference do add if I have missed on something.
Malai Kulfi recipe details listed below:
- 1 ltr full cream milk
- 200 ml condensed milk
- 1 tbsp organic rice flour Or rice flour
- 2 tbsp milk powder
- 1 t/s green cardamom powder
- ½ cup cream
- 1 tbsp rose water
- 1 tbsp kewra essence
- 10 chopped toasted pistachios
- 10 chopped toasted cashews
- 10 chopped toasted almonds
- a pinch of salt
- Boil milk on low heat in a wide bottomed pan. Once the milk has reached it's boiling point i.e. when milk completely comes high. Switch off the gas at this point.
- Add rice flour, milk powder when milk is very hot and stir nicely. Allow the milk to cool down.
- Now add condensed milk, cream, cardamom powder, kewra essence, rose water, salt and all toasted chopped nuts.
- Combine all nicely and pour into kulfi moulds Or any mould. Freeze until firm. If using kulfi moulds rub gently towards the bottom for few seconds.
- The kulfi will slide out gently insert a toothpick. Sprinkle some nuts and enjoy chilled kulfi. Alternatively, you could slice and eat kulfis.
2. Nuts are optional but it gives a great taste.
3. Ensure you heat milk on low fire else it will get burnt.
4. If kewra essence isn't available you could replace with almond essence.
Riya Dev says
I tried this for first time , it was so yummy. thanks for sharing
Pleased to know this Riya, thanks a ton.
I am wondering if you have mumbai chowpaty kulfi recipe?
I will post the recipe soon, thanks.
I am thinking of opening a small outlet for cream malai kulfi and just wanted to know wat is the cost of making cream malai kulfi with all its ingredients in it used.thank you for your reply maria. 🙂
Smeet all the best for your new venture 🙂 a small assignment for you. 1 ltr full cream milk, 1 can condensed milk or sugar, 1 tbsp. milk powder and cardamom powder. Calculate and start hope this helps you.
Thank you so much maria for the wishes and thanks you so much for helping out. 🙂
I will surely complete ur assignment thank you. 🙂
You are welcome and best of luck.
It looks delicious but i wanted to know how much it costs to make a cream malai kulfi ? thank you
Smeet the cost depends on how much kulfi you intending to make??
Where did u get these moulds from?
Anshima got them from Exhibition held in Pune 🙂
wow looking yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Samrudhi 🙂
Hari Chandana says
OMG…. Very delicious and mouthwatering kulfi.. looks absolutely perfect.. love it 🙂
Thanks Chandana you are the first person to respond 🙂 do try them.