Meethi Seviyan Dry Recipe is a classic Indian dessert made during festive occasion and also during Eid ! Meethi / meetha means sweet and seviyan is vermicelli hence the name. This sweet dish is made with different version in all Indian household. Now mainly 3 types of vermicelli are made first one is spicy vermicelli, second is sweet vermicelli dry and last is vermicelli kheer.
Mom used to make this for breakfast Or snack. I felt nostalgic when I made this today. I love them for quick snack. This sweet can also be offered as Prasad or offering to God. Meethi Seviyan Dry is made with roasted vermicelli, milk, sugar, nuts and cardamom powder.
Kids love this for meal boxes or snack. It’s quite rich and healthy sweet good for growing kids. However if you are health conscious then use skimmed milk or water for this recipe. The dry and kheer version is almost same recipe. Only for the dried recipe you add less of milk and allow it to evaporate.
If you ask me I love both version. As I have a sweet tooth and both are fine with me. However I miss my mom’s seviyan. I just can’t make like her. Also check some Diwali sweet recipes here…
Meethi Seviyan dry recipe step by step details below:
1. Take a deep wide pan add 1 tbsp ghee. Crush vermicelli with your hand. Saute vermicelli in ghee for 2 mins on slow heat.
2. Remove the roasted vermicelli. Now in the same pan add few drops of ghee. Saute dry dates and nuts for 2 mins.
3. Add milk along with nuts. Also add sugar, cardamom, salt and mace powder.
4. Stir all nicely add roasted vermicelli. Keep stirring in between.
5. Simmer until vermicelli absorbs all milk and becomes dry. Don’t make it too dry. I don’t have a pic for this one.
Serve meethi seviyan hot with tea Or as snacks.
Meethi seviyan dry recipe card below:
- 2.5 tbsp clarified butter (ghee)
- 1 cup roasted and crushed vermicelli
- 1 and ½ cup milk
- ½ cup sugar Or as required
- ¼ t/s cardamom powder
- ¼ t/s mace powder (optional)
- 6 to 7 broken cashewnut
- few almond flakes
- few pistachio flakes
- 2 dry dates soaked in hot water and chopped finely (optional)
- a pinch of salt
- Take a deep wide pan add 1 tbsp ghee. Crush vermicelli with your hand.
- Saute vermicelli in ghee for 2 mins on slow heat.
- Remove the roasted vermicelli. Now in the same pan add few drops of ghee.
- Saute dry dates and nuts for 2 mins.
- Add milk along with nuts. Also add sugar, cardamom, salt and mace powder.
- Stir all nicely add roasted vermicelli. Keep stirring in between.
- Simmer until vermicelli absorbs all milk and becomes dry. Don't make it too dry.
- Serve hot Or chilled with tea Or as snacks.
Add nuts as per your choice.
You could make them semi dry Or dry upto you.
You could serve it warm Or chilled.