Made Mughlai Chicken Curry Indian with Lachha Paratha and Kurkure Bhindi……. wholesome meal and tastes perfect in monsoon. Comfort this monsoon with Mughlai Chicken Curry Indian which will provide you with warmth, taste and satisfaction. It’s quite easy to make this curry anyone can make them.
Mostly mughlai cuisine are rich, creamy and delicious. The mughlai curries/gravies tastes great when clubbed with naan, paratha, kulcha, roti and steamed jeera rice. Instead of chicken you could add cottage cheese (paneer) Or vegetables.
My hubby loved them my friends who had come for dinner relished it. Also asked me to make the same curry again. I preferred this curry with steamed rice. I have overeaten today as I just loved the taste of the curry.
You will find a lot of variations in Mughlai Cuisine. Lot of dry fruits, cream, milk, butter, ghee is used in Mughlai preparation. It’s alright to indulge in such rich food once in a while. However this Mughlai Chicken Curry is low fat comparively, healthy and tastes super yum. Missing my moms food a lot guess will go soon to meet my mom.
Mughlai Chicken Curry Indian recipe below:
- 750 gms chicken pieces
- 1 tbsp black pepper powder or as spice required
- 1 tbsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1.5 cup oil
- 200 gm curd
- 1.5 tbsp oil
- 2 onion (1.5 onion for onion paste and half for tempering curry)
- 3 tomatoes
- ½ cup green peas (optional)
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 3 to 4 whole black pepper
- 4 cloves
- 1 cup water Or as consistency required
- 1 t/s cumin seed
- 1 t/s caraway seed
- ½ t/s fennel seed powder
- ½ t/s cumin seed powder
- 1 t/s coriander seed powder
- 1 tbsp garam masala powder
- ½ t/s turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp red chili powder Or as required
- 1 /s biryani masala
- 2 green cardamom
- 1 black cardamom
- 2 bayleaves
- 2 potatoes chopped medium sized with skin
- 3 tbsp milk
- salt as per taste
- few coriander leaves
- Combine all the ingredients for marination. Pierce the chicken pieces with a fork. Rub the marination on them. Marinate for an hour in the fridge.
- Take oil in a big wok Or vessel. Place on medium heat once hot deep fry the chopped potatoes. Once they are fried from both sides.
- Deep fry the marinated chicken into the same oil. Place them on absorbent napkins to absorb excess oil.
- Combine 1.5 onion, tomatoes, yogurt, peppercorn and cloves. Grind them into a processor until smooth mixture is formed. Keep it aside.
- Take a big wok add oil to it. Once oil is hot add caraway seed, cumin seed, bay leaves, green cardamom and black cardamom. Saute for a minute once it starts leaving aroma add the half chopped onion. Saute for a minute more.
- Now add the tomato-yogurt mixture. Give a nice stir to it. Once the paste starts getting thicker add water to it. It's time to add turmeric, garam masala powder, cumin seed powder, fennel seed powder, red chili powder, coriander seed powder, biryani masala powder and ginger-garlic paste.
- Saute everything nicely. Now add the green peas, deep fried chicken and potatoes. Simmer for 7 to 8 mins. Once the green peas is boiled add salt as per taste.
- Cook for another 3 to 4 mins. Check the taste add salt and spices if required. Lastly add milk and cook for another 3 to 4 mins. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve mughlai masala chicken curry hot with naan Or rice.
2. I have used oil you could make use of butter/ white butter Or clarified butter.
3. I never use salt while marinating chicken as it aids in getting more moisture. I always add salt to my final preparation.