Mushroom Chilli Fry Recipe – One of my favorite recipe is Mushroom Chili Fry Recipe made in Goan way. I usually make the Indo Chinese style but the Goan mushroom chili fry taste great too. Also I have used portobello mushrooms which tastes better than button mushrooms also tastes even better with this recipe.
You could club mushroom chili fry with pao (bread), rice or tastes even good with roti. If you don’t have mushrooms then replace with parboiled potatoes, chicken or paneer.
Mushroom Chili Fry Recipe is less spicy as less chilies are used. So use chilies as per your preference. Also if the mushroom chili fry stays back which I don’t think would happen. You could use them as stuffing in sandwiches, burgers, wraps or I would even use them in my omelettes with cheese.
I have adapted and slightly modified the recipe from Dassana’s site vegrecipesofindia. Dassana has wonderful recipes on her site and I have tried a few which were very good.
Make Mushroom Chili Fry during shortage of time or energy. The recipe is easy and less time consuming, yet so delicious. If you love mushrooms check more recipes on blog like mushroom vindaloo, mushroom soup, mushroom cafreal, mushroom cutlet, mushroom with potatoes and mushroom duxelle
Mushroom Chili Fry Recipe cart below:
- 1 tbsp oil
- 250 gms button mushrooms or portobello mushrooms (I used portobello)
- 2 medium sized onion chopped into julienne
- 1 yellow bell pepper chopped into small cubes or squares (optional)
- 2-3 green chilies chopped finely ( I used 2 fresh red chilies as they are quite spicy)
- 1/4 t/s turmeric powder
- 1 t/s garam masala powder
- 1/2 t/s cumin powder
- 1/2 inch ginger chopped finely
- a pinch of red chili powder (optional)
- 1 t/s dark soy sauce (optional)
- 1 t/s sugar
- 2 tsp chopped coriander leaves
- salt as per taste
- Wash the mushrooms, immerse them in some water with salt, clean and chop them. Keep all the ingredients handy.
- Take a non stick pan or pan add oil. Once oil is hot saute onion until cooked and light brown in color. Ensure you don’t burn the onion or make them crisp.
- While frying onion just add little salt and sugar. They would get caramelized much faster.
- Add the green chilies and chopped ginger. Saute for a minute.
- Time to add chopped mushrooms and stir.
- Add all the spice powder and mix all well.
- Now add chopped bell pepper if using, add the soy sauce as well and stir.
- Cook until the water evaporates and you see the oil around the edges.
- Add coriander leaves , salt and cook for a minute.
- Check the taste and alter any spice if required.
- [b]Serve the Mushroom Chili Fry with bread, rice or roti.[/b]