Tried Chili Chicke, Chili Tofu, Chili Paneer and now Mushroom Chili Fry. Mushroom Chili Fry is quick, simple and most important vegetarian and vegan 😉 Mushrooms are good replacement for meat and fish. My hubby loved Mushroom Chili Fry! although he isn’t a big fan of mushroom.
We had Mushroom Chili Fry with stir fried rice and vegetable patties. Till date I have used mushrooms in various dishes like mushroom vindaloo, mushroom xacuti etc. I am in love with Mushrooms 😉
Have come to see my pet as she isn’t well. Come to cheer her up. Praying she get’s well soon! Too tired today traveled a lot but that doesn’t stop me from writing and sharing this recipe with you guys.
I will quickly share this recipe with you.
Mushroom chilli fry recipe and the printable version below:
- 1 packet of button mushroom
- 2 tbsp butter Or olive oil
- 8 to 9 garlic cloves chopped finely
- 1 inch ginger julienne
- 7 to 8 green chilies slit length wise
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 capsicum chopped into dice
- 1 red bell pepper
- 8 to 9 onion whites from spring onion
- 1 cup greens of spring onion
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp chili garlic sauce
- salt as per taste
- Wash mushrooms wipe them with a dry cloth. Chop them into big chunks.
- Take a wide bottomed sauce pan. Add butter place on low heat. Saute garlic, ginger and green chilies. Add sugar.
- Add whites of onion. Saute for 2 mins.
- Now add dry chopped mushrooms. Keep stirring and allow to cook until water evaporates.
- Add capsicum and bell pepper. Saute until they are tender.
- Now put soy sauce + garlic - chili sauce.
- Add greens of spring onion.
- Lastly add salt for seasoning. Combine all nicely.
- Now switch off the gas. Serve Mushroom Chili Fry hot with veg hakka noodles and soup.