Pan Fried Chicken recipe with step by step photos. Easy Pan Fried Chicken recipe made in Indian style. This dish chicken is marinated in yogurt, red chilies, spices and herbs. This is loved at our place and goes well as a side dish with pulao or biryani.
You could also club some salad, green chutney or raita with the fried chicken. I keep experimenting home and this fried recipe is one of my experiments 😉 ….
I have used yogurt but if you aren’t fond of dairy. Then replace with egg and soy sauce. I have fried them in a grill pan alternatively you could bake them at 200ºC for 20-25 mins in a preheated oven.
Preferably chicken leg or chicken bones would be great for this recipe but you could use boneless chicken. You could marinate the chicken over-night in the fridge or for 30 mins then fry. I marinated only for 30 mins as had to make them quickly. These could be served as starter or snacks to your family or guests.
I am posting chicken recipes as getting a lot of requests. Make chicken for my hubby as he loves them. Reason I have posted less chicken recipes because I am only a sea food lover. Also value nature and life so restricting only to chicken and sea food recipes.
If you love some crunch in your chicken then use breadcrumbs or semolina. Just dip the marinated chicken in crumbs or semolina and fry for a crunchy exterior. I have just pan fried them.
My hubby stated it’s succulent, spicy, tangy and flavorful in taste. In short the recipe is well balanced and no flavors are over powering.
Let’s make Pan Fried Chicken Recipe:
1. Keep all the ingredient’s ready.
Pan Fried Chicken Recipe and printable version below:
- ¼th cup oil for shallow frying
- 1 kg chicken with bones
- 5-6 dry red Kashmiri chilies
- 2 tbsp onion chopped coarsely (pyaz)
- ¼th cup coriander leaves (dhaniya pata)
- ¼th cup mint leaves (pudina pata)
- 6 tbsp thick yogurt (dahi)
- 6 tbsp all purpose flour (maida)
- 1 tbsp roasted cumin powder (bhuna jeera powder)
- 1 tsp fennel powder (saunf powder)
- 1 tbsp coriander powder (dhaniya powder)
- 1 tbsp garam masala powder
- 1 tbsp chat masala
- 1 tsp raw mango powder (amchur)
- 1 inch ginger chopped coarsely (adrak)
- 5-6 garlic cloves (lehsun)
- salt as required
- non stick grill pan or any non stick pan
- Combine all the ingredients into a grinder except chicken and oil. Grind until smooth paste is formed.
- Rinse the chicken, strain water and place aside.
- Pour the grounded paste and rub over the chicken all over.
- Marinate the chicken for 30 mins.
- Heat your grill pan or pan with oil.
- Once oil is heated place the marinated chicken pieces gently over them. Fry few at a time on medium heat.
- When it becomes golden brown flip towards other side. Fry until golden brown from both sides.
- Repeat the same with the rest of chicken pieces.
- Serve your pan fried chicken hot with onion rings, salad, chutney and sauce.
2.Instead of curd you could use an egg.
3.There is no need to add chili powder as we have already added whole chilies.
4.Alternatively you could bake them at 200ºC for 20-25 mins in a preheated oven.