Paneer Malai Curry made with cream and coconut milk! Rich, creamy, delicious and white colored is this Paneer Malai Curry. This recipe credit goes to my mom who made this home yesterday for lunch. We all loved the taste also got over at lunch itself. Nothing beat’s mom’s food just love her food.
This dish is lavish and slightly on a high calorie. But sometimes it’s okay to indulge in rich food. If you are a health conscious person then skip full fat cream and use half and half cream. Also you could use coconut cream if you are a vegan.
Club Paneer Malai Curry with rice, naan, roti or phulkas. For variation you could add some fenugreek leaves and green peas. I have used dry fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi). Also it’s mild spiced curry you could add spice as per your preference.
Lot of Indian’s go crazy over paneer dishes. Hence lot of variety of paneer recipes are made here. I have tried some popular paneer recipes like paneer kolhapuri, paneer pasanda, palak paneer and paneer tikka pizza made from scratch.
Paneer Malai Curry recipe and printable version below:
- 2 tbsp oil
- 200 gm cottage cheese (paneer) chopped into square or cube
- 1 capsicum
- 100 ml fresh cream
- 150 ml yogurt
- 200 ml cup thick coconut milk (tinned Or homemade I used homemade)
- 1 onion
- 1 capsicum chopped into cubes or square
- 1 t/s cumin seed
- 1.5 inch ginger
- 1 green chili
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp garam masla powder
- ½ t/s haldi
- 1 t/s chili powder or as required
- 1 tbsp coriander seed powder
- a pinch of asofoetida
- 1 tbsp dry fenugreek leaves (kasoori methi)
- 1 cup water or as consistency required
- 1 t/s sugar
- salt as per taste
- Grind onion, garlic, ginger and green chili into a smooth paste. Place it aside.
- Add oil in a wok / vessel add cumin seed. Once they crackle add asofoetida and the grounded paste.
- Fry the paste on low heat until it starts leaving oil. Be careful not to burn the paste.
- Put yogurt and mix all nicely. After 2 mins add capsicum along with spices like turmeric, red chili powder, garam masala powder and coriander seed powder.
- Stir all well add paneer, coconut milk and water. Once the curry starts bubbling add coriander leaves and cream.
- Cook for another 4-5 mins and salt. Taste and alter any spices if required. Garnish with kasuri methi. Serve the curry hot with rice or roti.
If you are fond of spicy food then alter spice as per your preference.