Combine Poha (beaten riceflakes) + oats with mashed potatoes and you get Poha and Oats Cutlet!
Today morning I felt like eating a special breakfast. So pondered for a while and came up with this recipe. Honestly oats are too bland for me so always find ways and means of eating oats in tasty way. Hence mixed oats, poha, some spices, mashed potatoes , carrots anad breadcrumbs voila your poha and oats cutlet is ready. Poha and Oats recipe are great for health.
This dish is easy to make just need few basic ingredients easily found in your kitchen. Generally poha cutlets are made adding oats to it makes it healthier. Plus if you have veggies like carrots, cabbage you could add them as well.
Poha and Oats Cutlets can be used as patties in burger and sandwiches. You could have them as breakfast Or snacks Or lunch box. I can eat them anytime of the day 😉 …. right now I feel like having a chicken zinger burger Or chicken crispy fry grrrrrrr ……. In monsoon I get such urges to eat food. Hope it’s normal with everyone Or am I the only one getting hunger cravings for food!
I will try exploring with Poha and looking forward to make some innovative recipes. In India a dish called Kanda Batata Poha is very popular. Mostly made in Maharashtra region as breakfast Or snack. Do try poha cutlets its easy to make, healthy and tasty.
Take poha and oats in a colander Or strainer. Pass water through it. Allow the water to strain.
Now combine all the ingredients for the cutlet except oil. Best is use your finger to mix them all.
Now form small balls about an inch size slightly flatten it. Shallow fry them from both sides on medium heat until golden brown.
Place the fried cutlets over absorbent napkins.
Serve the poha oats cutlet hot with favorite sauce and chutney.
Tips for Poha and Oats Cutlet:
- If you don’t have bread crumbs use cottage cheese or some rice flour to bind the mixture.
- You love spice add dash of more red chili powder.
- You could add grated cabbage to the cutlet.
- For variation add some cheese to it.
Poha and Oats Cutlet printable and detailed recipe below:
- 2 tbsp oil for shallow frying
- 1.5 cup poha (beaten rice flakes)
- 1 cup oats
- 2 potato boiled, peeled and mashed
- 1/2 onion chopped finely
- 1/2 cup carrot grated
- 2 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 1 green chili finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp roasted cumin powder
- 1 t/s fennel seed powder
- 1 tbsp chat masala
- 1/2 t/s turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp red chili powder
- 1 t/s coriander seed powder
- black salt as per taste
- Take poha and oats in a colander Or strainer. Pass water through it. Allow the water to strain.
- Now combine all the ingredients for the cutlet except oil. Best is use your finger to mix them all.
- Now form small balls about an inch size slightly flatten it. Shallow fry them from both sides on medium heat until golden brown.
- Place the fried cutlets over absorbent napkins.
- Serve the poha oats cutlet hot with favorite sauce and chutney.