We usually serve stir fried rice with scrambled eggs Or eggs into it. So I thought of making Stir Fried Rice on a Bed of Omelet on a bed of thin omelet instead of adding eggs to it. Also I have added chopped almonds to give a nutty and crunchy flavor to the rice. We had Stir Fried Rice with Mushroom Chili Fry. All vegetarian dish except the omelet !
My hubby loves Stir Fried Rice with omelet. So he was quite content with the meal and had all of it. There are lot of variations in stir fried rice. Some make with prawns, some with tofu, some with chicken some with fish and some like me with veggies!
Whatever veggies are left in your fridge. You can club them all and make one dish like Stir Fried Rice, baked veggies, pilaf, biryani, curries etc. The dish becomes flavorful because of various ingredients and vegetables plus it gives a nice boost to nutritive value to your recipe. So don’t discard your leftovers unless it’s spoiled.
Waiting for rains so the weather changes so does the cooking pattern. In rains lot of fritters, hot dishes, soups, spicy food, non veg food and desserts tastes absolutely great. Just waiting for rains to pour in.
Stir Fried Rice on a Bed of Omelet recipe and the printable version below.
- 3 eggs for omelet + 1 tbsp butter + 1 tbsp milk
- 3 tbsp butter Or olive oil
- 4 cups boiled rice
- 6 to garlic cloves chopped finely
- 8 to 10 spinach leaves chopped finely
- 1 inch ginger minced
- 2 onion julienne
- 7 to 8 almonds crushed Or chopped finely
- 2 cups greens of spring onion Or chives chopped
- 2 carrot julienne Or chopped finely
- 1 green chili chopped finely
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp garlic-chili sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- salt as per taste
- Firstly make one omelet from each egg respectively. Whisk egg into a mixing bowl. Add salt , milk and whisk again. Now take a pan add butter Or oil to it. Place on medium fire. Once oil is very hot reduce the flame. Now pour the beaten egg and swirl the pan from all sides. The omelet should spread all over the pan and should be thin omelet. Once its cooked from both sides. Place each omelet into serving plates.
- Lets make our stir fried rice. It's important to cook our rice first. So you could pressure cook the rice Or microwave in oven. Also important to cut all veggies chopped and keep ready.
- Now take a heavy bottomed sauce pan add butter Or oil to it. Once it's hot add garlic cloves, chopped onion, minced ginger and green chilies. Saute nicely until onion changes color and becomes pink Or transparent.
- Add the almonds and give a nice stir. It's time to add chopped spinach leaves and carrots. Combine all nicely.
- Put soy sauce, garlic-chili sauce and tomato sauce. Mix all nicely.
- Lastly add boiled rice and salt. Stir all nicely the rice should blend in the mixture evenly.
- Keep stirring for 2 to 3 mins on high fire. Switch off the gas.
- Now spread the Stir Fried Rice on the omelet. Serve with soy sauce and accompaniments.
- You could use veggies of your own choice like mushrooms, tofu etc.
- Non vegetarians can add shredded boiled chicken Or prawns to it.
- Enjoy Stir Fried Rice!
2.Non vegetarians can add shredded boiled chicken Or prawns to it.
How are you and your hubby doing ?
I tried out the fried rice receipe and it turned out really well. everbody at home loved it:-)
Thank you so much for the lovely recipe 🙂
Also maria can you try and put up the Misal (Misal Pav) recipe if possible want to try the same but not sure how to go about it.
You are welcome Maria…. we all are fine hope you guys doing fine too :)…. Misal Pav haven’t tried but will surely try dear …….. give me some days time for it!
hey maria i made the fried rice today but without the omlette base and they turned out so well that it vanished off from the plate in minutes.. my next is spinach rice..
Thanks Suhani for trying them 🙂 I am glad your folks loved them. Do lemme know how was the spinach rice?
the fried rice u hv made r too good..m going to make it today itself..and tell u how it was..
great Suhani do lemme know how were they? take care
Kiri W. says
Wow, this reminds me of omuraisu, a Japanese favorite. Looks delicious! The veggies seem like a great addition.
(And sorry for the long absence, I was traveling/graduating)
Thanks Kiri 🙂 you don’t have to be sorry dear take care and have fun girl!
this is good. am sure hubby is going to like this. will make for him 🙂
thanks Dassana surely make for your hubby 😉