Pumpkin is so nutritious and healthy yet many of us don’t eat them. So my Pumpkin Curry Coconut Milk is for all those fussy eaters. Just serve them Vegan Pumpkin Curry and they will eat lovingly without knowing what they are eating. My hubby also belongs to same category hence you see I had to come up with some unique dish like this.
This monsoon go for healthy Vegan Pumpkin Curry Coconut Milk….. Goes well with rice. Any thoughts what could be the main ingredient for this nutritious curry????? Hmmm yes it’s pumpkin so easy to guess. However it also consists of veggies like french beans, carrots and green peas along with thick coconut milk.
To make a vegan dish is quite challenging. I get very creative when it comes to vegan Or a vegetarian dish. As you can’t use milk and any animal products so you have to start thinking hard. But it’s not so difficult as I love to make any kind of dish which originates from my heart and implemented through my head.
The best part is my fussy hubby loved the curry. He curiously asked me which curry is this ? to which I replied pumpkin but he ate them as he found it tasty. You also try them I am sure your family and kids will love them.
One more thing you could eat Vegan Pumpkin Curry as a starter, soup, stew Or curry. Either ways you will like them to eat sounds good right !
heat oven at 200°C twenty mins before baking. Take pumpkin and make some incision on top with knife.
Pumpkin Curry Coconut Milk recipe and the printable version below:
- 250 gms red pumpkin
- 1 medium sized onion
- 18 to 20 garlic cloves
- 2 red chilies
- 1 tbsp.sea salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp black pepper powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil Or oil for drizzling
- 1 tbsp dried basil leaves
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 carrots chopped into small cubes
- 8 to 10 french bean chopped
- 50 gms fresh green peas
- some chopped coriander leaves or cilantro
- salt as per taste
- 1 tbsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- ½ cup water
- 100 ml coconut milk
- Preheat oven at 200°C twenty mins before baking. Take pumpkin and make some incision on top with knife.
- Place over the baking tray. Now place onion, spread garlic cloves, put sea salt, sugar, dried basil leaves and red chilies. Drizzle olive oil over it and sprinkle black pepper powder. Bake for 40 mins at 200°C Or until pumpkin is soft.
- Allow the pumpkin to cool down. Now scoop out the flesh. Discard the skin. Also remove the onion skin. If you press the onion bulb the flesh will ooze out easily.
- Combine pumpkin, onion, garlic and all the juices from the tray into the processor. Grind until smooth puree is formed.
- Take a wok add butter to it. Place on medium heat. Add the puree and give a nice stir. Sauet for 2 to 3 mins.
- Allow the mixture to thicken. Once it starts thickening add water to it. It's time to add carrots, french beans and green peas.
- Simmer for 3 to 4 mins Or until vegetables get cooked. Finally add salt and cumin pwoder for seasoning. Check the taste add chili powder if more spice required.
- Lastly add coconut milk once it gives the first boil. Switch off the gas else the coconut milk will cuddle. Check the consistency if you want thicker add less coconut milk if you want more thinner add more coconut milk.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.Serve hot on steamed rice Or garlic cheese bread.
2.You could add veggies of your own choice and also herbs of your own choice.
3.If you wanna use cows milk you could use them instead of coconut milk.