Yesterday I made for myself a pampering milkshake known as Chocolate Coffee Milkshake recipe and I call it lovingly as ChoCoffee Mint Milkshake 😉 Had lot of mint leaves, chocolate slab and coffee was bored to make any time consuming dessert. So I came up with a quickie milkshake which is healthy, sugar free and too irresistible! Chocolate Coffee Mint Milkshake is great drink in summers. I can have Chocolate Coffee Mint Milkshake anytime of the day when I feel low Or dehydrated.
Chocolate Coffee Mint Milkshake got antioxidants because of chocolate. You get energized because of coffee. Plus the greens in the shake gives an extra boost which are mint leaves. I have added dark chocolate which is sweet enough hence no need of adding sugar to it.
If your kid doesn’t like plain milk. Try this combo you could discard coffee and add more chocolate instead. I am sure your kids will love them. I had full 2 glasses by myself shared the last one with my friend Janki. My hubby doesn’t like chocolate icecream, chocolate cakes Or any dessert but he loves to binge on chocolates. He is strange he loves to binge on Bounty, Fruit and Nut chocolates but no desserts made from them (:
I was just doing search on google regarding coffee milkshake history. So thought of sharing with all of you a bit. National Coffee Milkshake day is on 26th July. Coffee in it is a history it is as it’s centuries old. Coffee Beans are suppositively originated from Africa some coffee houses can be traced in Cairo and Mecca. However no one knows much about Coffee origination?
- 500 ml full fat milk Or skimmed milk
- 250 gms dark chocolate chunks
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp instant espresso coffee powder
- 14 to 15 chopped mint leaves
- few ice cubes
- brown sugar only if more sweeter required
- Double boil dark chocolate Or microwave on high power for a minute. Combine melted chocolate, mint leaves, cocoa powder and espresso. Grind them into a processor until they combine well.
- Now add milk and ice cubes. Grind again until they are evenly incorporated. Check the taste add if sugar required. I prefer mine less sweet.
- Serve in tall glasses Or mugs. Garnish with chocolate shavings, mint leaves Or a dollop of icecream.
2. If you don't like coffee you could skip it.
3. Also decorate with cream swirls on your milkshake.
4. If fresh mint leaves aren't available pluck them from your garden Or use mint extract.