Easy curry leaves chutney recipe – prepared mainly from curry leaves, fresh coconut, chilies and mint leaves. They go well as a side dish with dosa, appam, idlis, idiypappams or rotis.
This is my own version of chutney which is loved by all in the family. My dad loves them the most 🙂 Best part is people who don’t like curry leaves would not even know once they eat this chutney. It’s delicious at the same time very healthy. To know more about curry leaves click here.
All you need is fresh coconut and fresh curry leaves for this recipe. To add more flavor and spice have added ginger, green chilies and some tamarind. I love mint leaves hence added them as they add more flavor and aroma to this chutney.
We ate our curry leaves chutney with hot idiyappams made my mom. Also not to forget a hot filter coffee too along the breakfast. You could also club this chutney with pakoras or other fried stuff. With the leftover chutney we clubbed our jowar pakoras I am hungry again.
You could make this chutney without tadka (tempering) but I love tadka. So it’s optional.
Let’s make curry leaves chutney recipe stepwise:
- First keep all the ingredient’s handy.
2. Grind them to a smooth paste by adding little water. Don’t add too much water don’t have a pic for this step.
3. Heat coconut oil on a tadka pan or vessel.
4. Once pan is heated add mustard seed and urad dal.
5. When they start cracking add hing.
6. Lastly add curry leaves and once they crackle switch off the gas.
7. Pour the tempering over the grounded chutney. Mix well check the taste add salt if required. Also add water as consistency required. Serve your curry leaves chutney with idli or dosa.
If you are looking for more chutney recipes then do check tomato chili chutney, tomato onion chutney, hotel style coconut chutney, mint chutney and coriander coconut chutney.
Curry Leaves Chutney Recipe and the printable version below:
- 1 cup curry leaves
- ½ cup fresh grated coconut
- ¼th cup mint leaves
- 2-3 green chilies
- 1 tbsp grated or chopped ginger
- 1 tsp tamarind pulp
- salt as per taste
- ½ tbsp coconut oil
- 4-5 curry leaves broken or torn
- ½ tsp split gram (urad dal)
- ½ tsp mustard seed (rai)
- a pinch of asofoetida (hing)
- First keep all the ingredient's handy.
- Grind them to a smooth paste by adding little water. Don't add too much water don't have a pic for this step.
- Heat coconut oil on a tadka pan or vessel.
- Once pan is heated add mustard seed and urad dal.
- When they start cracking add hing.
- Lastly add curry leaves and once they crackle switch off the gas.
- Pour the tempering over the grounded chutney. Mix well check the taste add salt if required. Also add water as consistency required.
- Serve your curry leaves chutney with idli or dosa.
2. Generally the consistency of chutney is medium but you could make them as per your preference. But be careful while adding salt and chilies then.
Leave a Reply