Do we need an occasion to celebrate ? Atleast I don’t need guess you don’t need too! Made this Eggless Orange Chocolate Marble Cake Frosting ………. soft, delectable, yum, spongy and delicious 🙂 recently bought oranges which were lying in my fridge and I wanted to club orange with chocolate hence made an Orange Chocolate Marble Cake with frosting! I quite relished this spongy textured Orange Chocolate Marble Cake with a hot cup of tea.
I just love baking comes naturally to me as if I was a baker in my past life. My creativity flows while baking and cooking. I knew I wanted a marble cake but an eggless one and soft, well risen, spongy and delicious. So I knew the best replacement for eggs and also had an fair idea how to frost it. Lemme tell you my idea really worked my neighbors loved them.
Yesterday I made dosas, idlis, utappam, chutney and cheese dosa. My hubby loved all of them when I asked him would he like to eat idlis, dosas Or utappam to which he cutely replied all of them little little. I felt I shouldn’t have asked him this. Finally I made some idlis, dosas and uttapam. We relished and enjoyed our meal last night.
Soon I will be posting how to make idlis in microwave it’s super easy, convenient and no fuss. So watch out for next post.
Let’s make Orange Chocolate Marble Cake Frosting Recipe stepwise:
Serve Orange Chocolate Marble Cake Frosting chilled with a dollop of icecream.
Eggless Orange Chocolate Marble Cake Frosting recipe and the printable version below:
- 175 gms self raising flour ( 160 gms refined flour+ 2 tbsp corn flour+1 t/s salt+ 1 tbsp baking powder)
- 150 gms margarine Or unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp flax seed roasted
- 1 tbsp sunflower seed roasted
- 6 tbsp water
- 150 gms brown sugar Or caster sugar
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 30 gms dark chocolate chunks Or 2 tbsp chocolate paste
- 5 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tbsp orange rind grated
- 4 tbsp orange juice
- 5 tbsp icing sugar
- 100 ml whipped cream
- few orange slices
- some toasted hazelnuts
- Preheat oven at 190°C ten minutes before baking. Grease a round Or flower pan with butter Or oil and dust some flour on it.
- Sift all dry ingredients and keep aside.
- Take a pan place on low heat roast flax seed and sunflower seeds for 2 to 3 mins. Remove them from fire.
- Grind into a processor until fine powder is formed.
- Add water to the powder and stir into a paste. Keep this aside.
- Cream margarine Or butter and sugar until light and fluffy with a beater.
- Now add flax-sunflower seed paste into the mixture. Beat until all nicely blends into each other.
- Gradually add flour and fold into batches of three.
- Alternatively add orange juice and beat well. You could add orange juice at the end also.
- Divide the batter into half. Add orange grated rind to one half . Flavor the other half with cocoa powder, melted chocolate Or chocolate paste. Stir both the mixture respectively.
- Place spoonfuls of each mixture into the greased pan. Once you finish with the batter. Take a toothpick or skewer and give a marble effect. You can use your imagination to use the skewer.
- Bake at 190°C for 35 mins Or until skewer comes out clean Or cake leaves the pan edges.
- Allow to cool f0r 15 to 20 mins. Unmould the cake gently on a serving plate.
- Once it cools down refrigerate the cake. In the meanwhile let's prepare the frosting.
- For Frosting combine icing sugar, orange juice and whipped cream. Beat all together and spread them over the cake. Use a knife Or spatula to spread the frosting on the cake. Place the cake in fridge back again.
- Bake hazelnuts at 180°C for about 10 mins. Now garnish the baked hazelnuts on the cake.
- Serve Orange Chocolate Marble Cake Frosting chilled with a dollop of icecream.