Tea is commonly called as Chai Or Masala Chai in India. Tea is also called in Mumbai as Cutting Chai. Tea is one of my addiction in life. That too not just plain tea but herbal tea or tea made by my mom. I can live without sleep but need not without tea. I need 2 cup of tea twice a day. Who says tea is not healthy… if your tea is not healthy its high time you make it healthy. Add herbs the nutrition and health value will automatically rise. I personally don’t like Dip tea. I will share this amazing Indian Herbal tea- Herbal Tea Recipe with you today. I wonder I have it everyday what took me so long to share this Indian Herbal tea recipe with all of you.
My opinion is if you are having plain tea. Why not make it of more value. The herbal tea consists of simple herbs. Herbs which you can grow in your backyard, balcony or garden. The aroma and taste of this Indian Herbal tea is awesome. It is a must try to this herbal Tea. It is a saying once you taste blood you will keep having it :). Do try out this herbal tea.
There are many ways of making Tea or Chai. I am sure there would be a lot of recipes available. Honestly I haven’t checked on the web to state any remarks. However the spices used by me are freshly pounded. Also herbs used for this herbal tea have ayurvedic benefits which is great for health. Also this herbal tea is great remedy for cold and gives warmth to your body…. What else ….it also build your immunity.
You could have this herbal tea with Biscuits, Bread or any snack food. Don’t make plain tea I insist go for herbal tea…that too this Indian Herbal Tea(Chai)- Herbal Tea Recipe.
Herbal Chai recipe card below:
- 7 to 8 Tulsi lor Basil leaves
- 1 Ashwagandha leaf (Withania somnifera)
- ½ inch Dry Ginger (soonth) - I have used dry ginger
- 2 Green Cardamoms
- 6 to 7 Fresh Red Rose petals or Dried Rose Petals
- 6 Mint leaves (Pudina)
- 2 t/s Tea Powder of good brand
- 4 to 5 tbsp Sugar Or as required
- 1 cup Milk Or as required
- Combine dry ginger, whole green cardamom, rose petals together.
- Now pestle all of them with a mortar.Use all your stamina to pound all the above mixture. Once coarsely ground. Keep it aside.
- Take a vessel or wok filled with 3 cup water.
- Switch the gas on and keep on low flame. Add the coarse mixture into water.
- Also put the Tulsi leaves, Mint leaves.
- Let all this boil for a minute.It is time you add sugar into it.
- Let this boil for about 5 to 7 mins on low flame.Once they all combine well add tea powder.
- After about 5 mins more when you see the tea powder has cooked. Other signal is if the water is coming above its level.
- Please add milk at this stage.Now let it boil again for 2 to 3 mins.Your Herbal Tea is ready.
- Serve hot to your loved ones.
2. The proportion of milk can be increased if you are a milk lover.
3. Take2 cups of milk and 2 cup of water.
4. Try using fresh herbs for the aroma and taste.You could use fresh rose petals of any color if red rose isn't available.
5. Use brown sugar instead of plain sugar for making it more healthier.Lastly don't forget to add some love while making this tea.
How to make Herbal Chai recipe with step by step instructions:
1. Get all the ingredients ready for the herbal chai.
2. Combine dry ginger, whole green cardamom, rose petals together. Now pestle all of them with a mortar.
3. Use all your stamina to pound all the above mixture. Once coarsely ground. Keep it aside.
4. Take a vessel or wok filled with 3 cup water. Switch the gas on and keep on low flame.
5. Add the coarse mixture into water.
6. Also put the Tulsi leaves, Mint leaves. Let all this boil for a minute.
7. It is time you add sugar into it. Let this boil for about 5 to 7 mins on low flame. Once they all combine well add tea powder.
8. After about 5 mins more when you see the tea powder has cooked. Other signal is if the water is coming above its level. Please add milk at this stage. Now let it boil again for 2 to 3 mins.
9. Your Herbal Tea is ready. Serve hot to your loved ones.
Oh gosh don’t forget to add love while making this tea. Love is a main ingredient for this herbal tea. I made this tea with love. Hope my love reaches to you … your love reaches to your loved ones. My family loved this tea and were asking for some more!
This is fabulous and aromatic !!
thankyou James 🙂