Saffron Kulfi Recipe is one of the best kulfis I had till date! this Saffron Kulfi Icecream is simply awesome. Make home its much better than the outside kulfis! My jiju and my sis loved this homemade Indian dessert which I made home. Kulfis are sold a lot in Mumbai-India in many street corners and restaurants. Many of us love to eat kulfis post a meal Or lunch. Kesar Kulfi is a popular dessert in India and very popular in Mumbai too 😉 By the way saffron are referred as kesar in India hence Kesar Kulfi …
Generally Kulfis are served with falooda and drizzled with rose syrup on top. Also kulfis are of many varieties. In Mumbai when I was small we used to get a man screaming “PIO” wala. This Pio wala used to serve malai kulfis on badam (almond) tree leaves. I used to just love eating these amazing pios. Guess pio walas are only left in a few places in Mumbai.
Nevertheless there are lot of stalls selling kulfis. My father used to get for us mixed kulfi. Mixed kulfis consists of all bright colors and flavors like mango kulfi, chiku kulfi, malai kulfi, pista kulfi, rose kulfi etc. My favorite amongst them was pista and mango kulfi.
Saffron Kulfi recipe below:
- 400 ml evaporated milk
- 150 ml sweetened milk (I used Nestle Milkmaid Or you could also use Amul Mithai Mate)
- 100 ml whipped cream ( I used blue bird) Or fresh cream
- 4 tbsp vanilla powder (optional)
- 2 tbsp heaped milk masala powder
- 16 to 18 shelled pistachios (optional)
- 6 to 7 saffron strands
- 20 cashew nuts crushed
- 6 to 7 green cardamom crushed
- 1 tbsp kewra essence
- 1 tbsp almond essence
- Equipment required:
- 6 kulfi moulds Or any mould you desire
- Combine all ingredients except essence into a big wok Or vessel. Place on low heat.
- Keep stirring until all combines well. Allow to boil until milk starts thickening. Once milk has reached its boiling point. Add both essences and stir nicely.
- Switch off the gas and remove the cardamom skin. Let this kulfi mixture cool down. Pour in the kulfi moulds.
- Set in the freezer until firm. Unmould serve chilled with falloda, rose syrup and dryfruit.
2. If you mix any fruit puree like mango puree it becomes mango kulfi. But mix the puree once the boiled milk mixture cools down. The quantity of puree should be around 3 tbsp.
3. Ensure you keep heat on low mode unless you wanna burnt kulfi 😉