Paint the town red with these healthy and delish Patties….. red color is the hint any idea what these could be made of …. It’s Beetroot Patties Indian 🙂 yum and super snack eat anytime of the day. Also I have shallow fried them so less guilt. So try these Beetroot Patties Indian which are kid friendly, easy, healthy super snack and yummy.
Every day is a challenge at home to make something unique and healthy. Specially back home if you got fussy kid Or fussy hubby. Guess most of the housemakers face this challenge. Some get bored some come up with new creativity I belong to second category. So twist the dish call it some thing else , transform into another cooking form, make them yum and serve it to your family. I am sure they gonna love them so don’t get bored Or give up making new recipes.
Beetroot have some great benefits. It’s known to fight cancer, loads of vitamin A, great for iron, great for liver and loads of other benefits. To know more benefits click on this link http://www.lovebeetroot.co.uk/healthy_info/beetroot-benefits.asp.
Best part is you can make these patty in advance. Place them in the fridge wrapped in cling flim. Thaw for 30 mins before making them. So you can make these patty mixture before hand Or a prior day. Also I have made served them like chat and some with sweet yogurt.
Enjoy Beetroot Patties recipe and printable version below:
- 2 tbsp oil for shallow frying
- 4 medium sized beetroot (pressure cooked for 1 whistle)
- 8 potatoes boiled and mashed
- 2 green chilies chopped finely
- 8 to 10 cashewnuts
- ½ cup boiled green peas
- 1 inch ginger minced Or chopped finely
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp fennel seed powder
- 1 t/s turmeric
- 1 tbsp chat masala
- 1 tbsp anardana powder (pomegranate seed powder)
- 1 tbsp coriander seed powder
- 2 tbsp poppy seed
- 4 tbsp corn flour
- black salt as per taste
- 3 tbsp semolina + 3 tbsp maida (refined flour) for coating patties.
- Parboil beetroot Or pressure cook until one whistle. Allow to cool down. Peel their skin and grate them. Keep them aside.
- Also boil potatoes separately. Peel their skin and mash them. Don't forget to boil green peas as well.
- Take a mixing bowl combine all ingredients except 1st and 17th ingredient. Mix all with your fingers and incorporate all evenly. The mixture should be not very sticky. If it's too sticky put some more corn flour. Ensure it's not too dry.
- Make small balls slightly flatten them. Mix semolina and flour together. Roll these balls on the semolina-flour mixture.
- Take a pan and place on high heat. Add oil once oil is hot reduce the flame. Shallow fry the patties from both sides until crisp and well-cooked.
- Place them on absorbent paper to absorb excess oil. Now you can spread some sweetened curd and green chutney over it. Spread some chopped onion, sev and black salt Or serve hot with tomato sauce and green chutney.
2. Also spice can be reduced Or increased by reducing Or increasing chilies.
Squeeze some lime juice before serving.