Butter Garlic Prawns Recipe with step by step photos, which is one of my favorite dish. I had eaten this at a joint at Bandra with my friend. I am glad she took me there otherwise I wouldn’t have made an attempt today to make this mouthwatering recipe :)….One of the most delicious, easiest, fastest recipe made with least ingredients is this prawns recipe. My family loved it including my naughty pet. Do try this Butter Garlic Prawns as it will surely melt in your mouth! Also the light spices in this recipe gives nice flavor and juice to the Prawns so don’t add any extra masala to this Butter Garlic Prawns!
We picked up some biz sized prawns today. Also I was telling my mom I wanted to make this Butter Garlic Prawns from a long time. So I took this bright opportunity to make this awesome dish.
You can eat Butter Garlic Prawns as a side starter, with garlic cheese bread, appams Or just pop in your mouth. For a person like me I can also eat with bread, rotis or steamed rice 😉
I am surely gonna prepare this recipe again but with a different version. This dish is not defined to any region, area or caste. Its a free recipe with ingredients found across earth and anyone can make them easily.
Let’s make step by step Butter Garlic Prawns with pepper:
1. Take Fresh Prawns clean them under tap water. Clean the Prawns remove the black thread which is the spine of prawns. Now keep them aside with some salt mixed in it. Wash the prawns again. Also please keep the head and tail intact of prawns as it looks beautiful with them.
2. Take a pan or wok add olive oil+butter. Keep the gas on medium heat add chopped garlic.
3. Saute them for a minute. Add rock salt and black pepper as desired.
4. Its time to add cleaned and washed prawns. Saute gently all.
5. Cover the pan with a lid for 2 to 3 mins on low heat. Keep stirring in between else it might stick at the bottom.
6. Remove the lid and keep the heat on medium mode. Check once prawns are cooked Squeeze Lime juice on it.
7. Your Butter Garlic Prawns are ready. Servethem hot as a starter or meal. Garnish with mint or coriander leaves. You can also club Garlic Butter Prawns with mint chutney Or Pickle.
You could check some more fish recipes like dry shrimp curry with raw mango, mandeli curry, mandeli fry, dry clams, shark fry, fish ambotik curry, fresh bombay duck curry and crab curry.
Butter Garlic Prawns Recipe below:
- 15 to 16 Big Sized Prawns Or 25 Medium Sized Prawns
- 2 Garlic Pods Or 20-25 Garlic Cloves chopped finely
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1.5 tbsp Butter
- 1 t/s Rock Salt or Salt as required
- 2 tbsp Black Pepper Powder
- ½ Lime Juice
- Take Fresh Prawns clean them under tap water. Clean the Prawns remove the black thread which is the spine of prawns. Now keep them aside with some salt mixed in it. Wash the prawns again. Also please keep the head and tail intact of prawns as it looks beautiful with them.
- Take a pan or wok add olive oil+butter. Keep the gas on medium heat add chopped garlic.
- Saute them for a minute. Add rock salt and black pepper as desired.
- Its time to add cleaned and washed prawns. Saute gently all.
- Cover the pan with a lid for 2 to 3 mins on low heat. Keep stirring in between else it might stick at the bottom.
- Remove the lid and keep the heat on medium mode. Check once prawns are cooked Squeeze Lime juice on it.
- Your Butter Garlic Prawns are ready.
- Serve hot as a starter or meal.
- Garnish with mint or coriander leaves.
- You can also club Garlic Butter Prawns with mint chutney Or Pickle.
2. Vegetarians can also make similar recipe with Mushrooms and Fried Tofu or Paneer. I am sure it will taste great.
Galilea Jones says
I did exactly what the recipe said and it turned out perfect! THE BEST shrimp I have ever made!!! My husband was very happy and asked when were we having it again!
Hi Maria, we too fell in love with this dish when we had it at a restaurant. I’m glad to have found this recipe as it tastes exactly the same. I’ve been making it over the last few years. My kids do not like to have prawns any other way. They simply love this one.
Preena thanks for your kind words, glad your family loved it.
Mobasir Hassan says
Can I use some veggies like bell pepper, zucchini and Chinese cabbage ? I hope it would make the dish more delicious.
Mobasir yes you could use all these veggies and let us know how it tasted? thanks.
can I try this recipe with chicken?
Yes Zafreena you can try with chicken as well but chicken takes a longer time to cook then prawns so take care of that part.
Simple n easy. Great for a quickee
Thankyou Margaret 🙂
Thanks a million for this simple easy and tasty recipe…
thankyou and you are welcome glen 🙂
I prepared this and it was fantastic! Simple, easy and very tasty. Thank you for posting it.
Rafael I am pleased to know this and you are welcome 🙂 keep cooking and thankyou for sharing your feedback.
Was looking for a simple prawn recipe that I could make for my wife’s birthday. Followed your recipe to a tee and the end result was gastronomically amazing. Thanks a lot for sharing.
Rhiju you are welcome also I am pleased to know your wife loved this butter garlic prawns recipe. Looking forward for more feedback from you take care 🙂
Looks yummy & easy
M gonna try this today !
Wish me good luck..:)
All the best and thankyou 🙂
rupali mangle says
My son and husband are crazy for this dish now thanx to u I fulfil their wish. Stay healthy and happy
You are welcome Rupali thankyou for trying them. I am pleased to know they liked the butter garlic pepper prawns.
soma pradhan says
Lovely Recipe. Book Marked to try this weekend, Hope you dont mind if I give a reference to ur blog in my post !!
Would you mind doing a guest post on my blog ?
Thanks Soma I have mailed you.
The recp sounds yumm gonna try it out now 🙂
Thankyou Nancy lemme know how was it?
Can’t stop drooling just looking at the pics 🙂
I’ve eaten butter garlic prawns n simply love it! but this is the first time cooking prawn n thought this wud be just the right way to cook them! Thanks so much for making it seem so simple n easy! Your recipe is so detailed and love the recap bit in the end!
Will surely look up to ur recipes for my weekend specials!
Thanks Deepti 🙂
i like this simple n easy recipe.. going to try it just right now. my daughter loves butter garlic prawns n its all for her.
Great Rashida 🙂 please give your feedback.
Hey gonna make this awesome dish ryt now !!!!! Cant wait …will let u knoe how it goes!!!!!!!
Thanks Ishvari do try and keep me posted 🙂
got my mom to make this recipe yesterday, was awesome and this is a great site , will be trying the strawberry icecream and mushroom cafreal shortly.
you should checkout chefhangouts from google plus could be of use to you
thanks Allan :)….. I will surely check that out!
Tried this yesterday night & it turned out yummilicious!!!
Thanks for sharing…. The other recipe’s on your blog too look yumm, am surely going to try some of them soon.
Thanks Nicolette 🙂 have fun and keep cooking…take care buddy
Thanks so much for sharing this receipe. It was a SUPER DUPER hit and the best part is that it gets cooked so easily (meal in a jiffy).
My husband also liked it alot.
Thankyou once again and I am gonna try some more receipes from your collection.
Thanks a ton! I am happy you tried and your hubby liked it. Do try and lemme know how they turned out?
Parsley Sage says
I’m more of a ‘mouth-popper’ myself. Not patience enough to plate these yummy beauties 🙂 Buzzed!
Hey Thanks a ton….:)
Love those big chunks of garlic with that buttery shrimp-Yum! I would have to have them over rice or with bread to tame my appetite, otherwise I would eat too many. Thanks for sharing, friend!
Thanks a ton do try them they are yum yum!