Chicken Keema Paratha is Indian flat bread stuffed with minced chicken.
Chicken Keema Paratha is a quick meal, can also be served as food, lunch box or side starter. You could make keema in advance Or follow this link for the recipe. Once you make mince you could store into fridge for upto 2 days and freezer upto a week. Thaw for an hour and stuff them in the parathas.
Keema is a very popular dish across India and quite popular in Mumbai. Even parathas are made of different kinds like aloo paratha, ajwain paratha, egg paratha, mooli paratha, methi paratha, cheese paratha etc. I also drool over parathas and club them with yogurt, salad Or veggies. Quite filling yet so tasty
If you don’t like chicken you could use mince meat. Veg lovers can replace meat with cottage cheese, tofu etc. Paneer paratha will be soon on my list may be with a twist. All the while I can only think about food and what to make ?
Anyways I am falling short of words so will proceed to the step by step details.
Prepare chicken keema in advance and keep aside.You would require 2 cups shahi chicken keema click to this link for the recipe. Combine all the ingredients for dough except oil. Take one rolled bread. Brush some water over the edges of the roti (flat bread).
Place stuffing and press the edges on all sides.Take a frying pan place on high heat.
Place the stuffed roti over the hot pan. Spread some clarified butter over the sides. Fry until golden specks are visible.
Serve hot with sauce Or mint chutney.
Notes for Chicken Keema Paratha:
- Fry parathas over high heat for better impact.
- Instead of clarified butter you could use butter Or oil.
- Ensure the paratha is sealed well else it might open while frying.
- Make as many parathas you like if you want more double the quantity of ingredients.
Chicken Keema Paratha recipe details and printable version below:
- 2 cups shahi chicken keema
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup water
- 1 t/s salt
- 1 tbsp oil + 3 tbsp clarified butter (ghee) Or oil
- 2 tbsp water
- Prepare chicken keema in advance and keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients for dough except oil. Knead into a smooth and soft dough. Lastly add oil for binding the dough.
- Cover with a damp cloth. Allow to rest for 10 mins.
- Shape into marble sized balls. Roll into 3 inch diameter Or oval shape.
- Take one rolled bread. Brush some water over the edges of the roti (flat bread). Spread some keema over the roti leaving the edges.
- Place another roti (flat bread) over the roti. Now press the edges on all sides.
- Take a frying pan place on high heat. Place the stuffed roti over the
- hot pan. Spread some clarified butter over the sides.
- Fry until golden specks are visible. Serve hot with sauce Or mint
- chutney. Repeat the same with the rest of dough.