Simple, easy, tasty Coconut Peanut Chutney!
This Coconut Peanut Chutney recipe was given to me by my friend Janki’s mom. I remember how I had relished this chutney at her house with warm handvos and white dhoklas. Thanks to aunty I got the recipe and thought of sharing with all of you.
Yesterday I had made this Coconut Peanut Chutney along with palak(spinach) pakoras tastes divine. This chutney goes along well with dosas, idlis, uttapams, appams, paniyarams, puris, chapatis, pakoras, cutlets, kebabs, parathas have with anything.
Best part of this chutney is it’s simple to make with ingredients easily found in your kitchen. The roasted groundnuts gives a nice nutty and earthy flavor to food. This chutney is only made with 4 ingredients. No tempering required it tastes on it’s own good.
In India variety of chutneys are made like green chutney, red chutney, dried coconut chutney, coconut chutney with tempering, without tempering, mint chutney, tamarind chutney, dates chutney, dried garlic and coconut chutney the list is endless. As you go across region to region the chutney differs along with flavor and aroma. Also some chutneys are eaten with chats, some with breads, some with rotis, some with dosas, some with idlis etc…..
This adds to the addition of collection of iftar recipes. As this is easy to make can be made in advance and refrigerated. While breaking fast remove the chutney from the fridge and serve along with hot pakoras, parathas etc. I will try to come up with more quick, easy and healthy recipes for Ramadan.
Personally this is my favorite chutney and looking forward to make more. I actually thinking what to cook today? Guess we all think and land up making something else but we do make something right
If you have some unique chutney recipes like this one do share with me. Would love to binge on different kind of chutneys hmmmmm my mouth is watering already slurp slurp
Notes for Coconut peanut chutney:
- Please don’t add water while grinding add very little water only if required.
- You could make them in advance and store into the fridge.
Coconut Peanut Chutney recipe details listed below:
- 1. 1 cup fresh grated coconut
- 2. 10 to 12 roasted peanuts
- 3. 3 to 4 green chilies
- 4. salt as per taste
- 5. 1 tbsp roasted cumin powder
- Grate coconut and keep aside. Combine all the ingredients and ground to a thick paste in the grinder. Please don’t add water add about ½ tbsp water only if required.
- As the texture of this chutney has to be dry and not thick. So be sure not to add water to it.
- Serve the chutney with anything you like.