Get ready for some Dry Fruit Milkshake recipe a healthy, refreshing summer drink! Mix milk + sugar + dryfruits + saffron + rose petals = Dry Fruit Milkshake….. It’s getting hotter in pune despite of monsoon season. Also its quite sunny and weather has become really unbearable especially at noon. I made this flavored milk added some sabja seed (basil seed).
What are sabja seed??? they are nothing but basil seed which is black in color. Sabja seeds are soaked in water until they are plumped and looks like a jelly. They are great to have in summer as known to balance heat in the body caused due to atmospheric change. Also sabja has loads of iron so do include them in your daily diet.
In India flavored milks are very popular. Some of popular flavored milk are saffron (kesar) milk, almond (badam) milk, rose (gulab) milk, chocolate milk, butterscotch milk, pistachio milk etc….. There are lot of variations to make flavored milk. Some are made from scratch some are made with synthetic syrup. I prefer homemade flavored milk. Even in Mumbai flavored milk is very popular. You will find stalls and shops selling flavored milk at all street and corner of Mumbai.
This Dry Fruit Milkshake is homemade with scratch, tastes yum, healthy and quite refreshing. I have added dryfruits generously and sugar miserly ;)…. prefer less sugar in my food or drinks.
Honestly me and hubby are so tired today we don’t feel like eating anything. So I made this flavored milk with a different twist and had it for dinner. Sometimes we don’t feel like eating just drink something refreshing and go off to sleep.
Try some of the recipes made through milk on my blog. Click to the link below for the recipes Almond (Badam) milk, Hot Coconut Milk cake, Malai Kulfi, Dry Fruit Kulfi, Apple Rabdi and Kalakand Milk Burfi
Dry Fruit Milkshake recipe details listed below:
- 2 cups milk + 2 tbsp hot milk mixed with 4 to 5 saffron strands (kesar)
- 2 tbsp fresh rose petals Or dried rose petals
- 4 tbsp organic sugar / sugar / jaggery powder
- 8 almond + 4 - 5 almond more for garnish
- 8 cashew + 4 - 5 cashew more for garnish
- 5 to 6 cashewnut chopped finely
- 5 to 6 pistachio chopped finely
- 5 to 6 walnuts chopped coarsely
- few saffron strands for garnish (optional)
- 2 tbsp basil seed (sabja seed) which are soaked in water for 2 hours
- some ice-cubes
- a pinch of salt
- Firstly soak basil seeds in water for 2 hours Or until they swell.
- Alternatively you could add them in hot water they will plump in 2 mins.
- Combine milk, ice-cubes, saffron infused milk, almond, cashew, rose petals, sugar, salt, almond and cashew. Grind all until they all are blended well.
- Now serve into tall glasses with ice cubes. Top it with soaked basil seed.
- Lastly decorate with chopped pistachio, walnut, almond and cashew. Also you could add some saffron strands and rose petals for garnish.
2. If you don't have saffron then skip it.
3. If you want additional flavor instead of dryfruit then add synthetic syrup like khus, saffron syrup, thandai Or cocoa powder.
4. Vegan friends can use soy milk Or almond milk for this recipe.
5. Also if you don't have rose petals use dried rose petals or pluck them from your plant 😉
6. If you are fasting then avoid basil seed and rose petals.